Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would anyone here actually purchase MP "Protect" (Diaclone black) Ironhide and MP "Emergency" (green) Ratchet? Can't think of other redeco potential for the Cherry Vanettes.
    No for me but things change. I said yes for road rage and bought it cheap and turn out I didn't like tracks and sold road rage.

The chrome paint is an issue and I don't mind a silver plastic if their chrome is poor standard.

Personally jazz and hound is what I want. If reflector comes out here's the weird thing, I want the diaclone version not the con boring colour.

If they do a proper sky fire toon accurate. I get that but not G1 toy which is senseless as it was

I don't think they are planning to make any bigger MPs so no point speculate big mp toys.

Diaclone colours (black) yes.... Movie colours (green) no.

Looking at other potential Gen1 redeco options, the only ones I could find were two Micromasters, and both are red and white too (Tote and Fixit).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So Hot Rod in the '86 movie had a lighter, slightly pinkish shade of red to him and it is accepted by some that when he becomes Rodimus Prime it is an animation error that has him keep the Hot Rod character model's colour instead of changing over to the Rodimus Prime model from the TV series. That is the shade of red on both MP-9 and MP-29.

Rodimus Prime in the TV series has a darker more maroon shade of red and a couple of other deco changes.

Anyone else want a MP-9 based on the fixed version of the mould with good QC and TV series Rodimus deco or am I alone?

That right Takara, I'm willing to give you more money for a crappy mould.
    For at least the first version of MP-9, the cab on the trailer is actually the darker maroon red while the base car is the pink/magenta. I haven't tried, but i think the trailer actually matches closer with the darker Hasbro Rodimus (which didn't come with it's own trailer). It might have been intentional to sway fans into buying both!

There's an MP Rodimus comparison thread where I've posted photos comparing TakaraTOMY's and Hasbro's MP9s. People are more than welcome to post pics comparing with MP28. I didn't try swapping the trailers because the paint on TakTOM's MP9 is highly susceptible to scratching off (and I'd borrowed the TakTOM MP9 from liegeprime and didn't want to damage it). Hasbro's can fit into TakTOM's trailer just fine (Hasbro used a better quality more scratch-resistant paint on their spoiler), but the colours don't match up (I did try that but didn't photograph it). The TakaraTOMY MP9 trailer's colours very much only matches the TakTOM version.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    For at least the first version of MP-9, the cab on the trailer is actually the darker maroon red while the base car is the pink/magenta. I haven't tried, but i think the trailer actually matches closer with the darker Hasbro Rodimus (which didn't come with it's own trailer).
    I have a Hasbro Rodimus in the Takara trailer, with another one as Rodimus in robot mode, the Takara MP-9 in robot mode (as Rodimus) and the new MP as Hot Rod in robot mode.

Trailer looks great on it, but there's no chrome on the wheels. Such is life.

I feel like the one good thing I got out of that Hasbro MP Rodimus was the MP Firebolt. My Rodimus broke at the knee on the first transformation and it's shoulders are not great. I would have returned it but since TRU is 500km away I didn't feel like making a return trip. Now if I buy a toy when I'm in Brisbane I test it out before I head home.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone here actually purchase MP "Protect" (Diaclone black) Ironhide and MP "Emergency" (green) Ratchet? Can't think of other redeco potential for the Cherry Vanettes.
    I'd get a black Ironhide provided he didn't cost an arm and a leg. But green Ratchet, nope. I don't know how Hasbro ended up with green for Ratchet in the movie toy line, he's more of a yellow on screen.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Do we have any idea if the fact the recent MP's are shelf warming a little is because Takara Tomy is producing more of each toy or has interest begun to drop off?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Do we have any idea if the fact the recent MP's are shelf warming a little is because Takara Tomy is producing more of each toy or has interest begun to drop off?
    I worry about QC, is becoming more than a minor issue at this stage.

absolutely