Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who was your first???

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

RID Omega Prime .

Back in '01, RID Prime & Magnus were a b#tch to combine (Well, for me they were but to any sane person - they were probably easy-as... )

perceptor universe mini-con, frekin the key and lock mechanism did not fit and i try for 2 days to work it out. Until i came to conclusion the key was to big, so i got a file and mulitated it so it could fit
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Even with the instructions I've never made BW Rampage's tank mode

I always look at instructions after transforming the figure myself, just to check if I got everything right.

However more recently, I just look at Seibertron galleries to check if I transformed him right.

The first thing that I remember that was Transformer related, was when Hungry Jacks had the Transformers toys in the Happy Meal a good 10 years back. I got the hanburger

But Transformer toys....my classics Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Even with the instructions I've never made BW Rampage's tank mode
    I did and i agree it wasn't easy. I've only done it once though and I really like the way it's designed. Great triple changer imo.

When I was a kid i never used instructions, not that I remember them.

As an adult, i was collecting G1 for quite a while which didn't make it very hard. I only ever checked to make sure the weapons on the bases were in the right places where pics didn't suffice. But when I got to BTs, BT-10 Grimlock was the first pain in the rear where I had to consult my instructions. And even then I couldn't get it! He's one tough bugger.

Another recent one I needed instructions for Voyager Ironhide. I had no clue for a while how to get it back into truck mode. I pity the kids who bought him last year.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I always use the instructions so I don't break the figure.

I'm so pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    RID Omega Prime .

Back in '01, RID Prime & Magnus were a b#tch to combine (Well, for me they were but to any sane person - they were probably easy-as... )
    Aaaaaa I didn't find them easy either, although my sanity is often questioned. It took me about an hour first time, and I believe I ended up sweating during the process. Gross, but true (and I'm not even a fatty).

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I always use the instructions so I don't break the figure.

I'm so pedantic.
    I always use the instructions, not to avoid breaking the figure though, it has become a ritual now. Open the box, look at bits of paper in box. Admire figure, take figure out, unfold instructions, admire instructions. Read names of weapons...... etc etc

NOW WHO'S PEDANTIC? HEY? HEY?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Aaaaaa I didn't find them easy either, although my sanity is often questioned. It took me about an hour first time, and I believe I ended up sweating during the process. Gross, but true (and I'm not even a fatty).
    I knew it wasn't just me .

But atleast you didn't get so frustrated with them that you packed 'em away & didn't take 'em out for years to come...

I always read my instructions because I don't want to break any of my figures by accident.

But if it was a figure that I _had_ to read instructions for, I'd say it was Metroplex.