Thread: All other Toys resources

Default All other Toys resources

I was browsing through the pages of this part of the board and noticed most of the popular threads include figma, revoltech, macross, gundam etc. To buy most of this stuff out here is expensive, in most cases its still cheaper to buy it online and pay shipping than it is to buy from a brick and mortar store, providing you can find one that actually sells this stuff.

If you know any good sites for collectables, anime, gunpla etc post them below with a brief description.

Ami Ami
    Probably the cheapest site when it comes to most japanese collecables. Beware they don't take kindly to pre order cancellations, and to my knowledge there is no way to estimate shipping.

HLJ
    A little more pricey compared to ami ami, a good choice for stuff ami ami is sold out of.

Mandarake
    Sells stuff that is "second hand" Every thing I've bought from them has still been MISB with maybe a scuff mark on the packaging. If you cant find what your looking for try putting it through a translator and pasting the Japanese text into the search bar. Also orders under 5000 yen incur a 500 yen handling fee.

Other sites of note include

Angolz
    Plamoya
    Anime-Export
    Hobby Search
    Toy Wave
    Big Bad Toy Store
    Corner Store Comics
    ~

Also Play-Asia, J-List and Otacute.

The main ones I use are AmiAmi and Mandarake with HLJ for their sales. I have used Otacute once in a while and J-List with their ebay store.

Ill see what else I have used.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I have ordered a number of dbz items through Mandarake and their eBay store.

Cannot recommend them more. Items are second hand but for the most part you'd never know if apart from minor box scuffs that could even be from shipping. They respond quickly and politely, have excellent pricing for shipping (even with the fee). They really overprotect books and are very apologetic if an item is unavailable. I think the longest I've waited from payment to arrival on my doorstep was about 2 weeks.

Hlj amiami and play-Asia are others I have used for dbz stuff. Cannot say I am fan of play-Asia, prices are high and shipping insanely high.

For more western and gaming items, try ozgameshop. Free postage and decent prices.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This is a sweet as thread. I might give Mandarake a try sine they accept paypal. Thier prices are far moreaffordable than the BBTS, If they're as god in service with tedlivery as you guys mentined Im pretty much goingobe a regular there then. Ive only used

BBTS - no complaints of any lost or misdelivered items, but yeah the usual delivery fee is just highway robber at times,

Kapow toys - they made a few mistakes in sending me G1 TF parts. they have an ebay account as well, but they're price being in he UK can at times be quite astonishing (because it's higher than you expect or sometimes, just sometimes quite affordable - like I got my Actionmaster Thundercracker - missing only the big gun from them for $25 which is quite a steal considering but yeah, youd know if you got a second hand item unlike what you guys describe on how the toy conditions are in Mandarake.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

One thing with Mandarake is that they are several different stores under one moniker. So if there is stock you want in each different store then each store ships individually, so it can get pricey on shipping.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This topic has an archive of online stores, which probably needs an update.
    Plus, the Dealer section has a number of feedback topics of online stores, and you can start up new ones too.