Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    The internets. Clearly. Hence complaints about "Oh no his shoulder is bent to make it look like he's patting the smaller bot on the head". Well that's what the photo said to me. And the subsequent complaints in various places about how it means they're trying to trick people with the size.
    Point these 'internets' out to me will you... I'll beat them up for you. Or better still...

FEED THEM TO THE SHARKTICONS!!

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Well, tallest just doesn't have the same zing as BIGGEST!!!
    Ow. my feels.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Point these 'internets' out to me will you... I'll beat them up for you. Or better still...

FEED THEM TO THE SHARKTICONS!!

All I have to do is hear the word Sharkticon, and I picture Hot Rod breaking that ones teeth in the movie.

The internets. Clearly. Hence complaints about "Oh no his shoulder is bent to make it look like he's patting the smaller bot on the head". Well that's what the photo said to me. And the subsequent complaints in various places about how it means they're trying to trick people with the size.

I'm excited for Metroplex (though I'd prefer an Ultra/Leader IDW Fort Max). The fact that he has modern toy engineering is a big draw, since I love to pose my toys and it does help them take up a little less room.
    ^this!

I'm excited for Metroplex (though I'd prefer an Ultra/Leader IDW Fort Max). The fact that he has modern toy engineering is a big draw, since I love to pose my toys and it does help them take up a little less room.
    +1 for an IDW Fort Max (though Voyager would suit be fine too ).

While Metroplex will invariably be better than Fort Max as a newer toy, one needs to compare them in context of their vintage. By 1987 standards, Fortress Maximus is an outstanding toy. How will Metroplex fare by 2013/14 standards? The thing to be mindful of is that there's a good 26-27 year gap between Fortress Maximus and Generations Metroplex. Will the past quarter century's worth of engineering advances be adequately reflected in Metroplex? I'm not saying it's one way or the other - obviously none of us can yet answer this question yet; we'll all form our own opinions on this after Gen. Metroplex hits store shelves.

But yeah, if someone's gonna do a comparison shot between these two toys, why not just do a full body side by side comparison shot? That way we can more accurately compare not only height, but bulk and design as well. Comparisons aren't only done for the sake of size comparisons -- I personally like seeing comparisons for design aspects too, like putting G1 and Classicsverse figures side by side to show how the same toy-character has been reinterpreted with contemporary engineering/design standards. It'd be great to see a G1 and Generations Metroplex side by side comparison shots too.

Those visible hands aren't doing a lot to convince me of engineering advances.
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 15th April 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but BBTS (US$230) and TFsource (US$250) have it on pre-order coming Sept 2013.

http://tfsource.com/japanese-generat...g23-metroplex/
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...92&mode=retail

I'm not sure if that's a good price or if there's better avenues of obtaining Metroplex. Just thought I'd share it.

That's the JP version, which is why it is twice the US RRP. (in case anyone was worried that the US Metroplex was suddenly costing more... which would translate to a lot more here)

Somehow I doubt it will look twice as good.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just found that TFsource has the japanse tak/tomy up for pre order for $249.00 US. Already got mine in.

ARRHHH, just logged in to RK and they have it also up for pre order for $169.90.

should have checked them out first.
    Last edited by crankcase76; 21st April 2013 at 10:18 PM.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!