Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A carded toy has an average shelf life expectancy of 1 year. The average boxed toy, 2 years. So seeing this toy sit on shelves for 2 or even 3 years would not necessarily class it as "shelf warmer."
    Two years and not shelf warming?

A carded toy has an average shelf life expectancy of 1 year. The average boxed toy, 2 years.
    According to who, or what?

I read it years ago in a toy magazine (probably ToyFare or Tomart's Action Figure Digest... can't remember now) The article was published some time in the mid to late 90s.

It was probably a sponsored ad paid for by Myers to justify why stock isn't exactly flying off their shelves due to their over-the-top pricing Their toy sections always remind me of a collectors museum.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I read it years ago in a toy magazine (probably ToyFare or Tomart's Action Figure Digest... can't remember now) The article was published some time in the mid to late 90s.
    Things have changed a lot, even since then. Remember that in the 80s a toy store was lucky to get restocks once every six months. These days we see stock being refreshed - even if it's the same items - every few weeks. Deliveries and restocks are now much more frequent than they were even ten years ago. It's part of the reason for the over the top increase in prices.

Definitely different now... you can tell by the way they push to retailers at Toyfair that new assortments (figures) will be available on an almost monthly basis, just to keep their shelves looking new to the customers.
    Not just with popular lines, but with anything, they have monthly release schedules for retailers to sign up to if they are interested in that product-line.

Just look at how quickly items and size-classes go on clearance at the cheaper Chains.

Anime Export have listed for about $130 (30% off retail) + shipping when in stock.

Transformers Generation TG-23 Metroplex
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I'm pretty pumped for the release. It can't go any faster!!
    Maybe we will end up with a titan class Trypticon/Nemesis, since the second planned wave of legend-class figures are Megs and Screamer and the Autobot legends are made for Metroplex.

(Just hoping )

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'm pretty pumped for the release. It can't go any faster!!
    Maybe we will end up with a titan class Trypticon/Nemesis, since the second planned wave of legend-class figures are Megs and Screamer and the Autobot legends are made for Metroplex.

(Just hoping )
    Yeah, but it'll just be a repaint of metroplex with a lame dinosaur head and foam tail...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Those visible hands aren't doing a lot to convince me of engineering advances.
    No, that's a real issue for me too...I'm reeeeeeally hoping that this image:

Is an indication that they will at least be removable, and able to store elsewhere. Not holding out hope though.