Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Yeah i'm getting all 4, to me metroplex is what fortress maximus is to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    Same with me (assuming that others think he's an awesome large city-former).
    I'm a little bit confused by comments such as these and the constant comparisons between Fortress Maximus and FOC Metroplex. Sure they're both 'cityformers' and by default, quite large, but that's all as far as I can see.

Fortress Maximus is an almost 30 year old toy and in essence a brick with little articulation. His desirability comes from mostly vintage collectors, who up until recently could not afford one.

FOC Metroplex is a yet-to-be-released toy which will no doubt be made in abundance and no one up until this point has laid their hands on it to give any indication as to whether or not it's actually any good.

Can someone explain this to me please?
    Last edited by 5FDP; 4th May 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

got a feeling it will be just the box art will be different... plus that all important SDCC2013 sticker

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    hey i might be interested in that version if there major differences about him... like the striker prime where the orig just grey but the Asia is chromed ... but if it nothing than i stick to local ...

Will this toy be available in Kmart etc here?

It's available to any retailer that wants to stock it. In other words, it shouldn't be a store exclusive, unless only one store chain picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    got a feeling it will be just the box art will be different... plus that all important SDCC2013 sticker
    Man that very tempting to collect a SDCC2013 sticker for the extra $ cost! NOT ..... but i think it might just come with the shaded paint job like the promo picture ..

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm a little bit confused by comments such as these and the constant comparisons between Fortress Maximus and FOC Metroplex. Sure they're both 'cityformers' and by default, quite large, but that's all as far as I can see.

Fortress Maximus is an almost 30 year old toy and in essence a brick with little articulation. His desirability comes from mostly vintage collectors, who up until recently could not afford one.

FOC Metroplex is a yet-to-be-released toy which will no doubt be made in abundance and no one up until this point has laid their hands on it to give any indication as to whether or not it's actually any good.

Can someone explain this to me please?
    Speaking for myself, you've pretty much hit it on the head - he's a the "big city Transformer" which I never imagined I could ever own. It's got nothing to do with engineering or the character, it's the perception that he was mythically huge (I grew up in Malaysia and don't recall ever seeing it in person in my youth).
    Hope that helps

A couple more teaser images of Metroplex and Scamper to show off the articulation.

hmmm that big a figure and no ankle tilts...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A couple more teaser images of Metroplex and Scamper to show off the articulation.
    Wow, that looks amazing :O

I see your RK $170 and raise you $135 @ anime export.

As a rule of thumb I always check different sites for the best possible price.