Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Stickers are probably just a necessary evil, allowing them to keep the cost of the toy down with minimal paint apps, but still giving people the option of having all the extra "paint" detailing that a toy this big needs to prevent it looking like a big boring white toy.
    I just hate the stickers coming off, I'd be happier if they came with a backup sheet.

If you aren't likely to ever need to remove them, superglue them on (with a glue that won't melt the plastic). It might sound extreme, but it works, and if done neatly, no one would ever know... especially the buyer if you ever sell, who will pay extra to have all stickers still attached.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you aren't likely to ever need to remove them, superglue them on (with a glue that won't melt the plastic). It might sound extreme, but it works, and if done neatly, no one would ever know... especially the buyer if you ever sell, who will pay extra to have all stickers still attached.
    Have you done this before? It sounds easy but no one wants to stuff up stickers on a $150 purchase. Which glue does not melt stickers and is easy to work with? Is there a trick to doing it neatly? Have any glues discoloured the stickers over the years?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

GS Hypo. Dries clear, no discolouration, handy needle tip applicator. Good stuff.

It won't affect plastic but it WILL affect paint.
    Last edited by gamblor916; 14th June 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: warning

I use one of those needle-point modelling glue bottles, and since it's modelling glue, I haven't had any problems with it melting plastic.
    I don't use it that often though, just for damaged stickers, difficult stickers (Kabaya kits), or old ones that are starting to come off.

So presumably, you use this stuff under the stickers. Just some of the old g1&2 stuff I've had/have. The stickers have turned to rot, even after not being played with or anything. So something like this might be quite helpful them. Any idea if any of the metroplex's being done, will have no sticker sheets?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm terrible with stickers, so I'm none too pleased about Metroplex's vast number of stickers.

The best tip I've ever received was to use tweezers. You get SUCH better results, it's a heck of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    The best tip I've ever received was to use tweezers. You get SUCH better results, it's a heck of a difference.
    Makes it so much easier! I also use a cotton bud sometimes if i'm going around corners or in nooks to make sure they're applied properly

With thanks to YouTuber TheGame2K5 and TFormers, we have a video of Metroplex's soundbytes. Along with various other sounds, he includes the following phrases:

These Decepticons Scatter Like Cowards
    Till All Are One
    Metroplex Heeds the Call of the Last Prime
    Foolish Decepticons
    Decepticon Deactivation Commencing
    Target Syncronizing Initiated
    Target Obliterated

Click here for the video

So does this toy actually have "Fall of Cybertron" as a sub line printed on the packaging? Cos I usually lump my Generations toys on my Classicsverse shelves, but I keep my WFC/FOC toys on separate shelves. I think I'm gonna end up putting Metroplex on my WFC/FOC shelves even if they don't have the FoC subline tag due to 'authorial intent' (kinda like how my Classics Ultra Magnus is also on my Classicsverse shelf even though the packaging never actually said "Classics").