Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    just saw the updated pics on tfw2005 for the actual toy...my god looks amazing! Yes for me

Although I agree with Griffin, the alt modes are a little underwhelming...but who displays them like that anyways?
    yup it will get transformed back and forth a few times then put in his massive bot mode to stand there gloriously!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I so hope this is not bigger than Fort Max. Fort Max should be the biggest given his iconic status, not some random WFC release.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I so hope this is not bigger than Fort Max. Fort Max should be the biggest given his iconic status, not some random WFC release.
    That's just the nostalgia talking. If its a good toy, no reason it can't be as big, or bigger.

Personally I never had Fort Max, never really saw the appeal (hence why I have 0 interest in the encore version). So I'm probably looking at it through a different set of glasses to you.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    That's just the nostalgia talking. If its a good toy, no reason it can't be as big, or bigger.

Personally I never had Fort Max, never really saw the appeal (hence why I have 0 interest in the encore version). So I'm probably looking at it through a different set of glasses to you.
    I'm referring to both the character and the toy when I use the term 'iconic'. I never had the toy as a kid but I was aware of how revered the character was from reading the comics and watching the cartoons (however brief his appearance was in season 4). He has always been known as the largest Transformer ever and justifiably so. FOC Metroplex doesn't even stack up.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's a bit of comic bias, but Fort Max was just a taller than average bot in basically all but one (cameo) appearance in the various (Western) TF comics to this day. Whereas Metroplex has always been displayed as incredibly huge. [Maybe the toy should come with a reprint of #186/7?]

Giant Fort Max is a great toy but is best as a standalone display piece (or with his brothers) whereas a new giant Metroplex will look "right" displayed with classics.

I know Fort Max was giant in Rebirth but Metroplex was also huge and got a lot more cartoon screen time through season 3 and was more memorable for it IMHO.

I do agree though that Fort Max as the grail-worthy biggest Transformer is a title he should hang on to although Encore rerelease has dampened it a little. Even though Metroplex might be taller, Fort Max will always be the biggest G1 Transformer and a key piece in a G1 collection.

So has this actually been confirmed as Fall of Cybertron version, or just Generations/Universe/Whatever..?

Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So has this actually been confirmed as Fall of Cybertron version, or just Generations/Universe/Whatever..?

I think he is more Generations but inspired by FOC. The character model from game to toy is certainly different. They toy seems to borrow elements from both G1 toy and FOC but mostly as a stylized version of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I didn't see any mention of FOC on the box for him, so I am gonna go with a generations version of Metroplex, inspired but FOC.

BBTS has just announced they have FOC Omega Supreme. Checked it out, and it is essentially the Energon Omega they recoloured for the Year of the Snake version with a slightly changed claw. Strangely, that does not make it FOC for me - make one that turns into the massive cool spaceship he flew about as and THAT will be FOC Omega Supreme - not the train/crane/battleship thing that Energon Omega turned into.

Since the Gen1 version has been the inspiration/basis/framework of the IDW & FOC Metroplex artworks, a toy that is also based on the original Gen1 toy/character is possible to be labelled/grouped as either really... depending on your tastes or fiction exposure.
    Since the Generations Label is now including IDW models as well as FOC, the wording in the bio might give a clue as to where this one belongs... but IDW and FOC had fairly similar introductions/backgrounds to Metroplex, so maybe Hasbro is keeping it vague to appeal to both IDW and FOC fans/collectors.