Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Henkei Skyfire & Ramjet galleries.

Default Henkei Skyfire & Ramjet galleries.

As with other Henkei, there are some paint and chrome apps added.

Skyfire:
    http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-274612.html

Ramjet:
    http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-277772.html

On Both I prefer the Hasbro version. However Henkei Jetfire's head is nicer and Jetfire overall is really on par with Hasbro's.

When it comes to Ramjet, Hasbro's is considerably better in my oppinion.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I like this comment by Sledge I found on Seibertron:

"Dear Takara,

Please stop slapping chrome on your Transformers until you learn to put it in places where it makes sense.

Love and kisses,

The internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    I like this comment by Sledge I found on Seibertron:

"Dear Takara,

Please stop slapping chrome on your Transformers until you learn to put it in places where it makes sense.

Love and kisses,

The internet."

I read that too and I think its stupid. With the exception of Henkei Grimlock, Takara has done an excellent job of applying chrome to the figures.

I am more inclined to think that the sentiment comes more from the typical 'I cannot stand that someone else is getting something better than me and I will ridicule them' reaction than any genuine criticism.

I'm with Kup in that i think the choices of where to apply the chrome are excellent, specifically Prime. I don't agree so much with the bronze (BB and HR). Also, I think the chrome adds a wonderful aspect of nostalgia, which for this line of figures, is wholly appropriate.

I think both Jetfire and Ramjet look as great as all the rest of the Henkei's and I will have them all!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, sorry Pulse... I'm with Kup and Jaydisc! The chrome has been excellent so far on the Henkeis! Overall they are all sooo much better than Classics IMO!

I actually don't mind Ramjet! The white feet and white arms are very G1. I also like the fact that his wings are red on the underside too!

I slightly Prefer the Henkei's as they are just that much more acurate to the G1 versions.

Although Skyfire is a bit plain I find that it works for me more than I thought it would and evokes more of his cartoon visage. Suprisingly I find myself impressed that Takara coloured in part of his cockpit as that makes him appear to be a bigger aircraft. Something that bugs me about the Jetfire/Skyfire is that its a hybrid of toy and show which for me doesn't quite work. I would have prefered they went one direction or the other. Takara have tried to push Skyfire more toward the Cartoon and I appreciate that.

That said neither is amazing enough to make me repalce the toys I have.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I read that too and I think its stupid. With the exception of Henkei Grimlock, Takara has done an excellent job of applying chrome to the figures.

I am more inclined to think that the sentiment comes more from the typical 'I cannot stand that someone else is getting something better than me and I will ridicule them' reaction than any genuine criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I'm with Kup in that i think the choices of where to apply the chrome are excellent, specifically Prime. I don't agree so much with the bronze (BB and HR). Also, I think the chrome adds a wonderful aspect of nostalgia, which for this line of figures, is wholly appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yeah, sorry Pulse... I'm with Kup and Jaydisc!
    Woah! Back the truck up! Beep Beep Beep...

I never said I agreed with the comment I found on Seibertron

The reason I posted that comment is because I found it funny

Is this "gang-up on Pulse day" or something?

They both look lovely, pitty I can't afford them this month at all.. Have to hope and cross fingers etc that they will still be around for retail prices in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Woah! Back the truck up! Beep Beep Beep...

I never said I agreed with the comment I found on Seibertron
    I never said you did

My comments are about the comment not you.