Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

Prowl is my favourite Autobot next to Grimlock and Tracks, so this is an easy buy for me. Preorder............. placed (that's my Fathers Day present shopping done )
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Try Robot kingdom - $59.99 each but another $20 postage.
    Hmmm... I might wait for Amazon Japan. I got MP Lambor from them for $50 + $14 postage.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So... should I pre-order these suckers now or wait for Hasbro versions? Cos on one hand I don't want to get the TakTOM versions and then later find out Hasbro's releasing 'em at a much cheaper price like what happened to Soundwave... but then on the other hand, I've heard rumours that Hasbro don't have the licensing for these vehicles so they may not be able to release these MPs at all. Hmm... I'm erring on the side of TakTOM. Especially if I can get a good preorder discount (e.g. I ended up saving a LOT of money by pre-ordering MP Soundwave and the Cassettes -- I paid $45 more than the Hasbro RRP whereas I would have paid $200 more if I'd paid regular TakTOM RRP).

P.S.: Just checked Amazon Japan... no search results found...
    Same old collectors conundrum, you can buy it now and risk kicking yourself when a cheaper one comes out, or it gets discounted. Or you can wait for the toy to meet your preferred price, but risk kicking yourself because you missed out.

Welcome to collecting.

I guess it all depends how much you want the toy, as always.

To qoute the late, great Macho Man, Oooohhh Yeeeaahh!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hmmm... I might wait for Amazon Japan. I got MP Lambor from them for $50 + $14 postage.
    I seem to remember there being a hassle with Amazon Japan shipping TFs to Oz? From memory they'll ship books and dvd/bluray but not TFs?

Either way, for the sake of $16 I'm happy with a preorder from RK. Although I must say I will be curious to see if there will be an extra accesory and what that might be. I'm only a little concerned about Prowl's currently absent shoulder launchers. If Takara sticks with cartoon accuracy, they might not be present at all, and I don't want to have to fork out to a 3rd party, nor do I want to have to potentially pick up a later, toy accurate Hasbro release.

Now for pure speculation, what would be the odds of Hasbro releasing the three Datsuns in one pack for say $150? Just thinking of upcoming Soundwave and minions being grouped together, why bot for the Datsuns?

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I seem to remember there being a hassle with Amazon Japan shipping TFs to Oz? From memory they'll ship books and dvd/bluray but not TFs?
    That is true. Amazon.jp do not ship toys outside of Japan. The casual mention of it makes it sound like it is possible for us, but the posting should have mentioned that those toy items are purchased by a Japanese resident, who then has to post it onto Australia.
    The rest of us have to resort to more expensive sources, so it isn't very sporting to have those cheaper prices at Amazon.jp shown off all the time, to those of us who have to pay more.

Anime Export has them for about $40 (30% off) but their pre-order sold out straight away.

Looks like getting these at a decent price is going to be tough.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Looks like getting these at a decent price is going to be tough.
    That's why I only got Sideswipe and not Red Alert. Though I loved Sideswipe, I didn't believe the quality of the figure or the size for that matter warranted the price tag so was not willing to pay that amount again for a recolour of the figure, even if it was Red Alert whom I have a soft spot for. I may find myself in the same position with these guys - perhaps just buying Prowl but not the other two (unless my finances magically improve)

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Anime Export has them for about $40 (30% off) but their pre-order sold out straight away.
    I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday and didn't see them there so they must have been added very recently. Maybe they were added to the system with 0 stock, hence "sold out"? Worth keeping an eye on.