Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

they look so good - i can't wait to play with them.

Another image posted of MP Prowl, next to MP Sideswipe and a couple Human Alliance figures, for scale.

These are divine. Come into my life already.

Also, Amazon versions now come one beefier shoulder cannon each. "so fans will need both if they want to display one or the other with a pair."
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I just saw this and the 30+ year old inside threw a massive tantrum! The shoulder launchers were one of the defining characteristics of the original toys. While I'm happy to be getting these MPs (Prowl especially!) having these beefier launchers released only as an Amazon exclusive and then only one per toy just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I just saw this and the 30+ year old inside threw a massive tantrum! The shoulder launchers were one of the defining characteristics of the original toys. While I'm happy to be getting these MPs (Prowl especially!) having these beefier launchers released only as an Amazon exclusive and then only one per toy just doesn't seem right.
    i'm sure some 3rd party (most likely dr wu) will make them. and thats fine by me as i didn't like the hollow amazon piledrivers that came with sideswipe.

but these g1 shoulder launchers do look nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I agree. If they were going for cartoon accuracy, two launchers, toy accuracy, two launchers, not drain pipes. I wouldve even preferred the launchers like the ones on the classics mold. In prowl's case i wouldnt have minded so much as we never saw him in the cartoon with them equipped. I can understand little knick-knacks that we've seen them use in the show for 1/2 a second as an 'exclusive' but not something that eas an integral part of both the the toy and show.

At least it was only Bluestreak that had those anime-accurate shoulder cannons, but unfortunately that means buying Prowl to complete the pair... or having a trading topic for people who only bought Prowl to be able to sell off theirs to people who only bought Bluestreak.

It's a good incentive to encourage people to buy the pair though (from Amazon.jp and from Hasbro HK).

They're obviously going for cartoon-likeness, and as griffin pointed out, that's how the missile launchers on Bluestreak looked like in the cartoon (and comics) -- they were pipes! Prowl was drawn without shoulder mounted launchers in the cartoon and comics anyway, so if you want show-likeness with him, you'd just retract them. That's how I display my Henkei Prowl and Streak. It's not TakaraTOMY's fault that they look like that... that's how Floro Dery designed them!

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As far as I can tell, allowing for animation variances and such, cartoon Bluestreak's shoulder cannon/launchers look like pretty much like the flip out ones already in the mould. The Amazon ones do look quite nice but having already placed preorders, I don't think it's worth the trouble of changing. Quite a clever move on Amazon's part, giving a single launcher with each figure, though I can understand why it might frustrate some people.

I think it's likely that these launchers will see a separate release, like MP-12's chisels, for people who missed out or want more and I'd be very surprised if a third party doesn't offer some replicas once the figures are released. I might jump on board if this happens but I'll be perfectly happy even if it doesn't.

It seems kinda cheap is all. Doesn't really bother me since I'm only after Prowl, but still.
    Will probably just sell/trade the bonus launcher on if they stick with just the one.