View Poll Results: BH VOY Optimus - worth buying?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 35.29%
  • Only if...

6 35.29%
  • Not worth it

4 23.53%
  • I'm not even interested

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime Review

Sold!

Not sure if I really wanna pay full RRP for the Commander though... I'm sure he'll come out in cheaper outlets soon enough. Gah! It's like there's this Angel on my right shoulder going, "Wait until you find it at a cheaper price!" and a Devil on my left shoulder going, "What are you waiting for, buy it noooow!"

the only real thing i liked from this release was the green star saber...

although it did have excellent ratcheting legs... so 2 things i liked.

Hmm, I have been enjoying mine quite a bit. Although that might be the wine typing

He's simple enough, has a bit of visible head syndrome in vehicle mode, but seems fun. The jetpack and wings are cool and I like that when the wings are folded down he has smoke stacks on his back. He also has a MASSIVE Galaxy Convoy feel to me which is great coz I love that toy!!

I think that with the wings for robot mode, the weapons on vehicle mode and the various home made configs you can set him up with, this makes a great toy for kids with lots of play options!

Not quite worth $50, $40 is just worth it. If I could have gotten him for 25 AmericaBUcks then I would say HELL yEAH. BUt otherwise its a solid purchase IMHO.

Omake:

Butterfly Vehicle Attack Mode (tm.)

Tetsuwan, did you find any stress marks on him?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Tetsuwan, did you find any stress marks on him?
    Yes I did. In the exact same place as the pics on yours as well. I am curious to know if they'll get worse or not. The ones on the shoulder hinges weren't bad, but still... Oddly the hinges weren't tight at all. In fact they had about the exact amount of resistance you would want on them, and yet I still got the stress mark.

The ones for the guns showed up after I ad plugged them in to make the jet pack.

I am curious to see if they get worse or not. I think I will play with it quite a bit over the next week and see how they fare. If it's too crap, I will swap it over. I am now even more curious to know if all these toys will have the same issue. Seems like a bit of a design oversight...

The specs....

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 1
    Released here - March 2013
    Approximate Retail Price - $40-50
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - all-terrain truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - ?
    Main Colours - red, blue, black, grey, green
    Main Accessories - sword, 2x missile launcher, 2x missile

IMO the Star Sabre would look cooler if it were transparent blue instead of green. I suppose Hasbro wanted to make it more distinct from TFPRiD Voyager OP.

The bot mode doesn't look too bad, he's a nice beefy OP but that alt mode - ugh. Far too kibbly for my liking, too much junk. Plus there doesn't look like too much attempt to hide the legs.

Compared to Voyager FE Prime, this one just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

in hand I love him. Yes, the plastic feels very cheap and there are stress marks on the holes behind the wheels for the guns/rockets but still, a beefy rocket powered Prime with a sword? Awesome. The only thing that would make him more awesome would be blue plastic and Takara has that covered. I'm hoping that the plastic will be sturdier Taktom Hunter Optimus.

Kmart have him on sale for $35 in their latest catalogue. Might be good for those wanting one cheap.