Thread: Comic Style Animation?

Default Comic Style Animation?

Hi guys,
    I have to turn a myth I wrote into a form of multimedia and I've chosen a comic book.
    I would like to do something like the Hurts Like Heaven music vid's comic style animation, or just do a regular comic.
    Does anyone know any way to do a comic-ey like animation like this?
    It's alright if no one knows, as I can do the regular comic book, but I'd preferably like to do something like this.
    (also any comic drawing tips? It's an a4 page if it matters.)
    Thanks if you can help or give any suggestions.

Hey Bidoofdude, it's a great style, I'd suggest planning out th epage you have in mind do a rough layout, maybe have a couple goes at different views and cells, and do it a few times rough to get a good feel for your final product,.

other than that, I'm not great at drawing, I certainly couldn't reproduce anything in your links myself without at least several days up my sleeves per frame. probably weeks.

your art is improving all the time, so my best advice is, pay attention to they style your trying to mimick here and take the time to give it a proper crack.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

You can do the standard pans, zooms and simple animation in Photoshop, Flash and After Effects. The 3D techniques used will require a CG animation program. That said Flash does enable you to use some trickery to make up a fake 3D shot.

You can scan existing art to make the parts for your Flash animation, like making a paper doll with joints.

Making a comic? Even easier because you can bypass the computer altogether if you like. Just remember to make a dummy book so you can work out things like page count, pacing and page order.

Good luck! :-)

Well, it's due on Friday, so I think I'll have to go with the regular comic.
    It's about a flame bunny that drills through the Earth and surrounds cities, which fall into the Earth's core and are incinerated...

Although I didn't expect so, it's turning out quite Hurts Like Heaven-esque.
    Now just one more question, whats the background music going to be?
    My two finalists are Hurts Like Heaven (Coldplay), Major Minus (Coldplay) OR Heaven's On Fire (Kiss).
    All three fit the tone, I think, especially HOF, but HLH fits with the comic style.
    Oh what to do!!!

If it's due at the end of the week a comic is probably the best way to go maybe even a storyboard if your assignment allows it.

I've found I've had to do a lot of photocopying and scanning to just get some basic text in!
    This will be close! I've nearly finished adding colour to page 1.

you can try to do a basic one in power point . The other editing software take abit of time to learn and if it due in this week i think PP your best bet. PP got transition from page to page with added music etc...

try this there video how how to use it and looks simple enough

http://generator.acmi.net.au/storyboard/byo-intro

I started yesterday on movie maker.
    Its going well, but its cutting it close.
    I might have to ask for an extension. Maybe...