View Poll Results: RescueBots Optimus with Trailer - worth getting?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - love me an Optimus with a big grey trailer!

2 40.00%
  • Only if I found it cheap

1 20.00%
  • Only for little kids

1 20.00%
  • Never - Never I say!

1 20.00%

Thread: RescueBots Optimus Prime with Rescue Trailer

Default Review - RescueBots Optimus Prime with Rescue Trailer

Series - Transformers RescueBots
    Size/class - Big Fragger
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Yup
    Approximate Retail Price - $40-$50
    Approximate Size - BIG
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Car Carrier
    Main Features/Gimmicks - semi-automatic cab transformation
    Main Colours - Red, Grey
    Main Accessories - Trailer/Jetpack

Intended for wee little tikes 3+ this is by far the biggest TF I have come across for the age group. Cheaply constructed with rather sub-standard plastic, it's designed to be bright, big and easy to use.

Cab
    Transforms the same as the Deluxe sized one, just... bigger. Very basic. Looks not bad in robot mode except the arms are at funny angles and has a blocky chest. Vehicle mode is ok, has 6 wheels which is nice. The only thing that really annoys me about it is that his smokestacks are the same red as the rest of the cab, surely it would have been easy to add some silver or grey there, especially given the nice stylized detailing on his chest.

Trailer/Jetpack.
    The car carrier trailer looks too plain without the stickers but the stickers make it look a bit little-kiddish, but then what do you expect Back folds down so kids can load/unload other RescueBot vehicles, fits four and is well proportioned for it. Combined with the cab makes for a massive Optimus alt-mode, well worth grabbing if you are a 'Optimus with trailer' completionist. As a jetpack it is very simplistic, but a nice bonus which pays homage to DOTM and BH Voyager Optimus and has a HUGE wingspan!. The stickers look more appropriate in this mode too and help define a more wing shape, a shame that other bits of the trailer don't fold into conform to their shape.

Worth getting?

Well maybe if you can satisfy the following criteria:
    *You can find it for $40 or under. $50 is too much!
    *You are a sucker for an Optimus with a trailer (like me) OR
    *You have a 3+ kid you are shopping for

'Easy to do'.....now that's MY type of Transformer! Do you have pics of him out of the packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    'Easy to do'.....now that's MY type of Transformer! Do you have pics of him out of the packaging?
    Will pop some on tonight mate

Hmmm... Looks like i'll be adding this guy to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I posted up one in the comparisons section...

I had thought that the wings were the entire trailer folded up, but are just the two side panels (which is why the base section is at the back).
    It is really unnecessary though, unless it is something they will use in the cartoon... which only has a couple of cameo appearances of Optimus and Bumblebee (but of course, they are the most prolific RB toys though).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I posted up one in the comparisons section...

I had thought that the wings were the entire trailer folded up, but are just the two side panels (which is why the base section is at the back).
    It is really unnecessary though, unless it is something they will use in the cartoon... which only has a couple of cameo appearances of Optimus and Bumblebee (but of course, they are the most prolific RB toys though).
    I knew there were a few RB Optimus', but there's at least 2 I didn't know of. Damn that's a lot!

Here is a pic of him in vehicle mode. Wish my other 'Optimus with Trailer' toys were accessible so I could show you just how massive he is, comparable in size only to the DOTM one