Thread: Gasaraki's Transformers Classics - Photography, Reviews, & Musings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RTS Scout Windcharger

I got this little guy quite a while after initial release - just earlier this year actually. I had always kinda ignored any figures smaller than Deluxe class up until now, but when I was trying to see what G1 figures I hadn't yet rustled up from Classics/Universe, I was surprised to see that Windcharger had only been put out as a scout. So eBay it is I turned to, and fortunately got him at a pretty reasonable price ($12 MOSC I think).

I like the update that he's been treated to... a good muscle car looking mode and very fair robot mode, with hands that can swap around to cannons as a nice feature. No real complaints about the car mode, as I don't think you can expect much more than rolling wheels really - even among Deluxe figures opening doors are not standard at all.

As for robot mode, I have to add the proviso that I don't own many Scout class figures so don't have a big range to compare with, but I do like the figure overall. Sure, he's got obvious kibble especially at the back, and some missing articulation (e.g. waist, wrists). However, several well placed ball-joints and aforementioned cannon features make him a very likable little guy.

Ratings:
    Character importance 3/10 - Many minor appearances in G1 seasons 1 & 2, but passing fans might ask 'Who's Windcharger?'
    Toy 7/10 - Definite weaknesses, but I like the update they've done. A pity there hasn't been a Deluxe treatment.
    Last edited by Gasaraki; 12th May 2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!