Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

You can always get someone in Qld to order it for you and you pick it up, if you were worried about shipping I guess haha. I know for a fact that replicas are are 100% legal in Qld without a license. I know because I did my gun license course about 3 months ago roughly and that question was a top priority for me. The instructor stated that all replicas are allowed in QLD - so long as they are toys. No license required and we read about it during the lesson. He then showed us a heap of them that he gave to his kids. So mp megs and I guess that Hegemon or what ever 3p megs from Toyworld are allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    You can always get someone in Qld to order it for you and you pick it up, if you were worried about shipping I guess haha. I know for a fact that replicas are are 100% legal in Qld without a license. I know because I did my gun license course about 3 months ago roughly and that question was a top priority for me. The instructor stated that all replicas are allowed in QLD - so long as they are toys. No license required and we read about it during the lesson. He then showed us a heap of them that he gave to his kids. So mp megs and I guess that Hegemon or what ever 3p megs from Toyworld are allowed here.
    Maybe you can answer this question of mine then. How do we in Qld go about getting a gun TF released from customs if they seize it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    The issue isn't people going out and buying MP or G1 Megatron to use as a replica in a hold-up. It's that all it would take is a criminal with half a brain to do a burglary one night, steal your MP Megatron, and use it in a hold up the next day. Or for a mail theft or fraud to take place resulting in the loss of an imported toy to a criminal. Or for it to be left in a vehicle which is later stolen. There are any number of scenarios that could lead to the toy being used in this fashion. That's why there are serious questions any collector should ask themselves before importing the toys: primarily, are you prepared to do everything you ought to in order to keep it safe and do everything possible to prevent those scenarios coming to pass.
    Good luck in trying to transform it first.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Might be a good idea to do a scan of the letter next time.
    I know in Perth is ok. But I still do not bring in mp-5 other than my own which was in robot form in other toy boxes together with other transformers.

I brought in the box on a separate trip.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Might be a good idea to do a scan of the letter next time.
    I agree, especially if you wish to contest this existing letter from the QLD Police and Corrective Services Ministry.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree, especially if you wish to contest this existing letter from the QLD Police and Corrective Services Ministry.
    That letter is from 2008 and from Judy Spence a former ALP member in Queensland who was demoted out of the Police Minister office in 2009 and since then other political parties have taken over. It doesn't say anything about the legality other than she is "advised" it's considered a replica. As we know according to Police's own web site replica guns are legal in Queensland without a permit.

Now will you southerners let this go.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Maybe you can answer this question of mine then. How do we in Qld go about getting a gun TF released from customs if they seize it.
    Ask them what "red tape" is require for its release, as you are in a legal state. They will probably have you fill out a form or sign something before they forward it on to you, since that's what people were saying when Masterpiece Megatron was being seized.
    But you have a limited amount of time though, as they don't hold them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    erm...By saying pretty please? haha I can't tell you mate. But it was written in one of the QLD Gun Liscence books that we had to study, that we can have replicas so long as it's a toy and only a toy. I tell you what, I'll give the instructor a call and find out some info this week and let you know if I don't forget Did you get poor old Megs locked up?

Someone has already mentioned this already... if items are legal and/or legally obtained, a person still needs to take personal responsibility for possessing a replica, as its misuse is illegal

Need to also consider if you own one and plan to sell in the future, it could be problematic to do, have to consider the risk, the person you sell it to might misuse it. In which case from my way of looking at it, you can still share part of the responsibility even though its no longer in your possession.

I'm not directing this comment to anyone in particular, its just how I feel about this topic.

But anything can be misused for illegal purposes. If someone sold a car and the buyer then used that vehicle in a crime, should that seller be held responsible for the actions of the new owner? However I think that you do bring up an interesting point about what the legalities of selling replica firearms may be in Australia. It's something I've never thought of, because I personally have no intention of ever selling my Gunformers, but I'd be curious to know.