Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP10 KO coming soon

Yes, the topic is just for awareness.
    My posting was just a reminder to everyone (especially those new) that we are different to other fansites - when we talk about KOs, it is just awareness, not promoting them.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am surprised Takara is not taking any sort of action against this? Is kind of weird that somehow the KO sideswipe made it and I am pretty sure they know about it.

Unless it is an official release I thought Takara would be very concern about people duplicating box, instructions, accessories to the T.

I don't encourage KO but they are there because of the current market of scalpers that cost the price hike and make people start turning to alternatives or even innocent people who have no knowledge they gotten a KO.

But more to the topic, I be wondering if Australia is bringing in YOTH Mp-10.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

KO's are always around.

Not due to scalpers or price hikes.

Due to greed, opportunity, and people low on ethics who'll gladly pay less without thought of possible consequence to the real product they supposedly love.

If they make differences (or 'improvements') to the mold, than great. Easier to tell the difference.

But either way, innocent consumers WILL still be fooled into thinking they're getting the genuine product. They're the real victims.

As to TakTom stopping it, that's an incredibly complex problem, and not just a simple fix. And, as with every business decision, there's also costs to consider. Most of these KO operations are too small to worry about.

When there's a consistent flood that erodes consumer confidence on current product, a 'tipping point' so to speak, then we may see action. Is the flood of MP KO's heading that way? It might be. But we're not dealing with just one entity here. So again, costs are amplified, and it comes down to cost/benefit analysis.

The best thing to do is report any auctions you see on eBay, and do your best to educate your fellow collectors.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Greed also = scalpers they are interrelated but this is my point of view. I know people who scalp everything so that they get their own piece for free, it disgust me a lot to see people are doing this. Generally a KO is selective to the demand of the product. Would you KO a product if original Sideswipe is available at $50 at current? (hope this make sense) Fact is due to such circumstances people who are yes (greedy) found it a way to get in between the scalpers and get money than give it to yes (scalpers)

Technically if mps are not exclusive I don't think anybody cares about scalping the product or even making a KO. Not sure about you guys but I do notice HK stores are generally more expensive than a Japanese online store for a new released product in general. Not sure you guys noticed it.

But I think the main thing here is to be aware of what you might pay for.
    It might be a security issue internally if people are making these KOs from original molds.

So these guys st the factory moonlight and use Takara Tomy's MP10 molds to make the KOs? That is bad. Every time you use the mold you're wearing it out little by little. So down the line when they re issue MP10, it's going to to have problems. And for what? Subpar KOs?

I don't condone copying. The only time I think third party stuff is ok is if you take something and improve on it or change it to make it different.

E.g. Igear's copy of the MP01 mold...basically copying it and reducing it in size to fit the classics universe scale. In many ways, Takara Tomy is only stepping up its game thanks to all these third party companies releasing great products. And I absolutely love it. But not blatant rip off copies! That's just bad for this hobby.