Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The parody movie "Meet the Spartans" (mostly parodying the movie 300) was on tonight, and I don't recommend it at all (it was just playing while I was on the computer)... but I was surprised (and laughed) at the Transformers Movie reference near the end.
    The king Xerxes was running from the Spartan king and trips over a cube half buried in the dirt. He grabs it and refers to it as the "Transformers Cube", hops into a car with it, and promptly "transforms" into a robot (him inside it like an exosuit). As he advances on the Spartans he pulls out his extension cord and falls over dead.

Do not subject yourself to this movie just to see what I'm talking about, it is that bad... fortunately there is a clip of the scene on youtube (which is less than a minute long).
    This movie was horrible. As I recall it was released at around the height of the first live action film's popularity and that particular scene was extremely exploitative and cringeworthy.

I have to admit I did laugh at the Britney Spears bits though

Megatran Guest

I thought Carmen Electra did a decent job. That's all I remember of this movie.

IIRC it's from the same mob who made Epic Movie, which is also horrifically bad. Can't believe I wasted my time/money watching Epic Movie in the cinema. I find when it comes to their movies, all the funny stuff is in the trailer (and maybe some excerpts you can find later on YouTube). None of their actual movies are worth watching in their entirety.

I've been expecting to see something TFs related in the many parody movies in the last 8 years, due to the Billion Dollar impact of the Live Action Movies to mainstream society... but this was the only one I've come across so far, and it wasn't funny at all.

Watching an episode of American Dad where Stan goes to jail, and in the shower scene another inmate walks passed with an Autobot logo tattooed on his arm.

One of the episodes of Big Bang last night (I think the TV guide said that it was the season 11 first episode), Sheldon tells Amy (something like), him being at an event and not being the center of attention is like having Optimus Prime at your place and not being asked to transform into a truck.
    I was channel surfing, so I wasn't really paying attention to it, so it caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One of the episodes of Big Bang last night (I think the TV guide said that it was the season 11 first episode), Sheldon tells Amy (something like), him being at an event and not being the center of attention is like having Optimus Prime at your place and not being asked to transform into a truck.
    I was channel surfing, so I wasn't really paying attention to it, so it caught me by surprise.
    Post #169 mate

But then I put up the reference made in 'The Mr. Hell Show' and then 18 months later forgot and put the same reference up again so I'm much worse, I can't even remember what I put up, let alone what others have

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Post #169 mate

But then I put up the reference made in 'The Mr. Hell Show' and then 18 months later forgot and put the same reference up again so I'm much worse, I can't even remember what I put up, let alone what others have
    And of course with so much TV these days people get to things at different times. Like your recent post about The Good Place with the jokes that I posted here over a year ago (Post #185).

It's worth anyone sharing anything they've seen as nobody can remember everything

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And of course with so much TV these days people get to things at different times. Like your recent post about The Good Place with the jokes that I posted here over a year ago (Post #185).

It's worth anyone sharing anything they've seen as nobody can remember everything
    Ha! Well there ya go. Double guilty Trev. Can't remember what I put up OR what others put up

I'm kinda glad I didn't remember that as I'm watching it on free-to-air so don't want any spoilers