Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 276

Thread: Transformers references in other media

  1. #61
    Cat's Avatar
    Cat is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive
    Join Date
    16th Aug 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    That would be an annoyance but luckily it wasn't completely stuffed up like no 'h' or something. I imagine his mum being furious with dad.
    Yes, I belive he slept on the couch for a few days.

    She didn't find out until the certificate arrived in the mail.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    4,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    right before the final boss battle in Saints Row 4, the quote "one shall rise, one shall fall" is said by the player - the next scenes music is 'the touch' by Stan Bush
    After listening to today's Giant Bomb game of the year deliberations where Saints Row IV's use of "The Touch" almost got them the "Best use of a licensed song" award I'm going to buy Saints Row IV and play it to the end just to see this Transformers reference.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    2nd Jun 2011
    Location
    Rylstone
    Posts
    8,026

    Default

    A new show coming out in 2014 called 'The Toy Hunter' where he goes around finding old rare and valuable toys.

    On the commercial it showed him looking at an Optimus Primal, and also in a room with an Optimus Prime on a shelf behind him. Maybe they have FINALLY made a reality show that I will watch

  4. #64
    Join Date
    4th May 2013
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    A new show coming out in 2014 called 'The Toy Hunter' where he goes around finding old rare and valuable toys.

    On the commercial it showed him looking at an Optimus Primal, and also in a room with an Optimus Prime on a shelf behind him. Maybe they have FINALLY made a reality show that I will watch
    Just saw the ad as well...

    I'm glad I was watching Batman with the kids this morning otherwise I wouldn't have seen it.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    4,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Just saw the ad as well...

    I'm glad I was watching Batman with the kids this morning otherwise I wouldn't have seen it.
    What channel, time and day is that on?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    4th May 2013
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What channel, time and day is that on?
    I'm pretty sure it will be on GO, all that was said that it will be 'new in 2014' so it could be any time

  7. #67
    Join Date
    2nd Jun 2011
    Location
    Rylstone
    Posts
    8,026

    Default

    Saw in the background of Bart visiting the movies on The Simpsons a poster for 'Transformers of the Carribean'. Had a picture of a robot with a car chest but with a 'Jack Sparrow' type head

  8. #68
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,063

    Default

    The parody movie "Meet the Spartans" (mostly parodying the movie 300) was on tonight, and I don't recommend it at all (it was just playing while I was on the computer)... but I was surprised (and laughed) at the Transformers Movie reference near the end.
    The king Xerxes was running from the Spartan king and trips over a cube half buried in the dirt. He grabs it and refers to it as the "Transformers Cube", hops into a car with it, and promptly "transforms" into a robot (him inside it like an exosuit). As he advances on the Spartans he pulls out his extension cord and falls over dead.

    Do not subject yourself to this movie just to see what I'm talking about, it is that bad... fortunately there is a clip of the scene on youtube (which is less than a minute long).

  9. #69
    Join Date
    16th Jul 2008
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The parody movie "Meet the Spartans" (mostly parodying the movie 300) was on tonight, and I don't recommend it at all (it was just playing while I was on the computer)... but I was surprised (and laughed) at the Transformers Movie reference near the end.
    The king Xerxes was running from the Spartan king and trips over a cube half buried in the dirt. He grabs it and refers to it as the "Transformers Cube", hops into a car with it, and promptly "transforms" into a robot (him inside it like an exosuit). As he advances on the Spartans he pulls out his extension cord and falls over dead.

    Do not subject yourself to this movie just to see what I'm talking about, it is that bad... fortunately there is a clip of the scene on youtube (which is less than a minute long).
    This movie was horrible. As I recall it was released at around the height of the first live action film's popularity and that particular scene was extremely exploitative and cringeworthy.

    I have to admit I did laugh at the Britney Spears bits though

  10. #70
    Megatran Guest

    Default

    I thought Carmen Electra did a decent job. That's all I remember of this movie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •