Thread: Transformers references in other media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I remember when that was doing the rounds a couple years ago, and fans were so annoyed at how low the "expert" valued the collection... probably hoping that they could get dibs on it later when the Pawn people offered an amount that the expert knew would be rejected.
    I visited the Toy Shack this year (the store the expert was from) and it even has a sign out the front saying that they are featured on the Pawn Stars show... and it is a huge shop, so this guy would have been experienced enough to know that this collection was worth at least $50,000. The owner said there was over 1000 figures, and he could get $20,000 just from the handfull of city-formers he had in the back corner.
    I wish I'd remembered this episode when I was at the Toy Shack, so I could see if this guy was there, and probe his mind for his motives.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So many interesting tales I've heard about that. Pity it's so hard to know what's true and what's just rumour.

I've seen the toy guy make mistakes a few times, and considering he's mainly a Hot Wheels guy, I put some of it down to inexperience.

The way he 'authenticated' some vintage Star Wars figures was laughable.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

On 'Unsupervised' tonight the one kid was talking about how his dad has to wear metal leg braces. The second kid said 'Oh cool, it means your dad is like a transformer!'. The first kid said 'Na, he's not as powerful as a Transformer though'

Just watched 'The Neighbours' on 7. It's about some alien family moving in next door to some humans. The humans ask the aliens what they think of the Transformers movies. And Michael Bay is mentioned also. The aliens say that Michael Bay is an alien.

The Neighbours, I saw the first episode. I thought it was quite funny. And has one of my favourite voice actors in it too