Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What TF characters have NEVER had a toy in the multiverse you would like to see?

Default What TF characters have NEVER had a toy in the multiverse you would like to see?

I know there have been a few threads like this before such as 'What 40 new Generations figures would you like to see" (can't remember who started it but good topic!) but decided to make this one a little different.

This is for:
    TF characters that have appeared that have never had any toy/counterpart toy in any continuity across the multiverse - ever!

So you can't say 'Animated Mixmaster' because there is a G1 Mixmaster. You can't say WFC Slipstream because there is an (overpriced and relatively unavailable) Timelines Slipstream coming out. You can't say G1 Chromia because there is a ROTF toy.... blah blah and so on - you get the point

So I'd like people to pick 1 to 3 characters that have absolutely no toy in any continuity that you think fully deserve a toy. Also describe whether it would be a totally new mold or a redo/reco of an existing mold. And if they have never had an alt-mode, what it would be. And finally the reason for your choices.

Note: You CAN pick characters that have recieved a toy from a 3rd party developer but not an official one (Such as a Quintesson Judge, Nightbird etc)

Some examples of characters that have never had a figure/counterpart figure:

*G1: Moonracer
    *G1: Firestar
    *G1: Nancy
    *G1: Devcon
    *G2: Jhaxius
    *ROTF: Alice
    *MTMTE: Rung
    *MTMTE: Tarn
    *Comics: Emirate Xaaron

So for me I would say:

Character: Nancy
    Origin: G1 Junkion
    Design: Retool of RTS Wreck-Gar
    Reason for this character: I've always wanted to have a big gang of Junkions!

Go for ya life

Megatron Guest

My first choices go to: G1 Nightbird! (I have the third party toys already) and SG Shockwave!!

Also going from your list because I don't know what other characters don't have any official toys.. Emirate Xaaron and Jhiaxus. Also do we have a Liege Maximo toy? That would be interesting, too. What about Overlord?

As for what alt modes and molds, whatever would make them look as close to their respective designs as possible, I suppose. Anyway that's my 2c.

My top three most wanted for ages are Star Upper, Alice and Botanica. Fulcrum would be next. Honourable mentions include Rung, Liege Maximo, as well as the Nova, Umeda, Nagoya and Mito Primes.

Jhiaxus has had a toy and Xaaron finally seems to be on his way as Ruination/Impactor, only twenty-seven years after we first met him. Overlord has had two toys and several other pieces of merchandise.

There is a BM Devcon toy IIRC.

I'd love to see Moonracer and Firestar toys. I have a thing for retro-futuristic cars and fem bots

Jizaitoys did a prototype of Moonracer. Since he's collaborating with FPJ now I hope they will do some fem bots like this..

And I have to agree with you on Nancy. The king of Planet Junk has his bikie bang, now all he needs is a queen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Some examples of characters that have never had a figure/counterpart figure:

*G1: Moonracer
    *G1: Firestar
    Firestar does have a toy, it's called Flareup because Hasbro was unable to secure the trademark to the name "Firestar" (probably because Marvel owns it for their character).

For me...

Character: Xaaron
    Origin: G1, former Councillor then leader of the Autobot resistance onf Cybertron
    Design: Original mould based on IDW design.
    Reason for this character: Because it's Emirate freakin' Xaaron! They should also create the mould with another head for Traachon, then repaint the toy accordingly. That way fans also get a toy of High Councillor Traachon and Hasbro gets more bang for their buck for the mould. Alt mode should be a tank; the one that Xaaron could never transform into because he was too old!

^scratch that, just saw Sky Shadow's post about a Xaaron toy coming later.
    New one:
    Character: Botanica
    Origin: Beast Machines
    Design: Original mould
    Reason for this character: Yes, it's an incredibly lame concept, but the fact is that she was a pivotal character in the second season of Beast Machines and I want a toy, damnit!

Character: Rung
    Origin: IDW
    Reason for this character: It irks me that this character has had such a pivotal role and yet no toy! Give him a movable eyebrow gimmick.

Character: Tappet
    Origin: IDW
    Reason for this character: I hate the character, but the idea of a Transformer transforming into Noddy's car is too hilarious to pass up! I also like the idea of Hasbro creating a line of unaligned neutral TFs. Then finally they can have an excuse for not bothering to put any faction logos on a toy!!

I was going to cheat and say IDW Metalhawk, until I saw "multiverse".

Hyperdrive (with a possible IDW Sentinel Prime remold), Nova Prime and Jhiaxus are toys I've always wanted. Devcon too, but only if he comes with a Slizardo. Even if it's just a recoloured Kreon or Robot Hero or something lol

I can't think of anything more than what's already been listed,, though personally I dont' consider a character to have recieved a new toy untill it's specifically their own toy.

I'd like to see quality productions of quintesons and the unproduced variations on sharkticons from the 86 movie. but I think it would be hard for Hasbro/Takara to produce/sell a non-transforming Transformers Toy (quintessons)successfully unless it was done in a similar manner to the beastwars character they did years ago.

for example, the old re-colour of Kup into Orion Pax. that's not an Orion Pax toy, that's kup with a different Jumper. the upcoming Orion Pax toy is the first orion Pax toy in my opinion.

just like the new voyager Springer is the second proper springer toy we've ever had. (in my mind)

re-molds of things like junkions, I can dig, though again the more extensive the re-mold the better.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Would really love to see a Nova Prime figure. After seeing some of the insane fan customs out there, I believe the idea has a lot of potential!

Default Devinitely No Devcon

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    There is a BM Devcon toy IIRC.
    There was, but ended up cancelled. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Hyperdrive (with a possible IDW Sentinel Prime remold)
    This confused me at first, then I realised you were talking about the unproduced G1 Autobot Turbomaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Nova Prime and Jhiaxus are toys I've always wanted.
    As Sky Shadow said, a toy of Jhiaxus already exists (even if it's just a repaint of Deluxe BM Jetstorm)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'd like to see quality productions of quintesons and the unproduced variations on sharkticons from the 86 movie. but I think it would be hard for Hasbro/Takara to produce/sell a non-transforming Transformers Toy (quintessons)successfully unless it was done in a similar manner to the beastwars character they did years ago.
    Didn't stop them from producing Alpha Quintesson (as awful as that toy is ). But they don't necessarily have to be non-transforming, do they? They could make them transform into something, and just design the robot modes to resemble those Quintessons/Sharkticons.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    for example, the old re-colour of Kup into Orion Pax. that's not an Orion Pax toy, that's kup with a different Jumper. the upcoming Orion Pax toy is the first orion Pax toy in my opinion.

just like the new voyager Springer is the second proper springer toy we've ever had. (in my mind)
    I totally agree with your sentiment - and I personally wish that Generations will give us a proper Jhiaxus toy. But for the purposes of this thread being inclusive of the entire multiverse, Orion Pax, Jhiaxus etc. don't count.