Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D modelling

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, really appreciate it. I will definitely share once I've made more noticeable progress. I've now started working on the back end of the car, hopefully the shell will be finished soon and I can start working on the wheels, headlights/tail lights and other detail.

There's still so much about the software I don't know, so many tools and options. Need to play around with the materials and scene setups more to get a more realistic looking model happening.

I'll keep you posted. Lancalot, I haven't forgotten about you. If I get a chance this weekend I will try to make a start on the head sculpt.

I got a bit of time finally tonight to start on the Slipstream head sculpt, here is what I've done so far:

I'll keep you updated. I've put the Camaro on hold until this is done.

cool stuff man..... cant wait

AJ_Prime,
    your work is looking great,
    just a caution though, if you are going to manufacture through shapeways or a similar business, make sure you confirm their minimum thicknesses and material tolerances/properties before you go too far down the design path.

if you send them an STL file and it doesn't meet their requirements they will refuse to print it and sometimes going back into your model to change just a few dimensions can be a very laborious task due to flow on effects.

having said that, I can't wait to see your progress and finalised work.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks Ultramarginal, I hadn't considered that. Appreciate the advice.

I'll start with the outer layer first to get the shape right then work on extruding it inwards at the optimal thickness.