Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion - Added Rank

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Suggestion - Added Rank

Trivial little thing, but a useful tool to show how long the club's been around, and the impact and significance it's had on Australian collecting and community.

Could we have a ranking that is for early members of the club, the 'Founders'* if you will, from back when you were advertising in paper magazines/ newspapers.

Be nice to see who's still around.

If only I could find my darn membership card.

*Except something that doesn't sound as pretentious.
    'The 13'? 'Diacloners'? (We were before the current iteration ie website based
    There's easily a billion better ones than that.

I worry this would reignite the arguments that were taking place these week in the "don't care anymore" thread.

As long as it was purely so you could identify the members that were there at the start, so to speak, for example a Diaclone symbol/image/whatever like what Cat suggested next to their name, why would it be a problem? Provided those people didn't receive any perks that other members that came after would be forever excluded from achieving then I see it as a non-issue.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Is it really necessary? There is already a 'mines bigger/better than yours' mentality going on on this forum.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Is it really necessary? There is already a 'mines bigger/better than yours' mentality going on on this forum.
    Sorry to hear you feel that way. This board, as with any community, isn't without its issues but I can definitely say that compared to most of the other Transformers boards out there, they are quite minor and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people. If you feel that someone here has a superiority complex, I can assure you that such views do not reflect the majority. Give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I disagree. This is the most accepting and inclusive board I have been a part of. While posts can sometimes be interpreted as a bit high and mighty, it is 99.9% of the time a misunderstanding or poor choice of words.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

it's a pretty good bunch of people here and i like how everyone is pretty much treated as a equal. i'm a member of other fan sites and i've seen how some of them treat people who aren't really up there in the terms of fandom like toys,movies,comics etc.etc. but i don't really care if here had a ranking system like cat suggested. also too it may help people to look for a member who is more knowledgeable than they are to help navigate their way around the board.

What irondude said.

I've been around for a while and personally have not seen a "mine's bigger than yours" mentality. Things got out of hand and taken out of context over in the other thread so we need to chill.

Not sure we need a new rank for those that have been around since the beginning, but I'd be curious to see those that are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    ... Not sure we need a new rank for those that have been around since the beginning, but I'd be curious to see those that are still around.
    You can see some discussion about that in the thread with the first newsletter.

The current rankings were difficult enough to implement, as implied elitism just to be able to identify the staff, from the newbies, from the more frequent members.

I'd be was once considering having people's first join date (month/year) listed somewhere in their post header-bar, but couldn't figure out how to do it.