Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives.

A closer look at the new Deluxes, they do look to be just upsized Legions. Bad for those who already have the Legions, but good for anyone new to the series

The Voyagers are new moulds though, but are similar transformations to the Cmdr versions.

It's not some Transformers alone that are being produced with little articulation on Hasbro's part

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...51&mode=retail

Some Star Wars figures are also being produced with the bare minimum.

I may jump at the Predacons, but I am very happy with the current Bumblebee and Smokescreen.

To be honest I hope that they display well, I usually transform them for a few days and then they just go on display.

I know I am just going to end up buying them for my kids. I haven't bought them any deluxes as they are way to complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I wonder when these observations took place, as within the same toy series you have one of the better examples of modern engineering figures to date - Prime First Edition.
    Indeed they were all brilliant. I'm not quit sure about the reasoning behind releasing the First Edition sub-line. It seemed like it was intended for collectors from the get-go. Maybe someone else could shed a light on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The combiner pegs on Sinnertwin also appear to be proportionately shorter than his Legion version. No Deluxe Abominus?
    I heard that the designers left the combiner pegs off because they weren't sure if all the Terrorcon Predacons would be released in this size class. This is totally in like, a botcon report somewhere and I have totally forgotten which one.

What I find a bit odd is that these are slated to be released next year, but the Beast Hunters show ends in September?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    People are looking at it wrong - MOST (not all) of the toys are simpler to make them as playable as they were when we were kids and could convert toys in a couple seconds.

AND the simpler design and development means the toys are A LOT BIGGER for that size class. Deluxes are about the size of recent Voyagers, while the Voyager Predaking is close to the size of the Ultimate.

These are better value toys, and going to be more fun to play with... while also giving us the various "puzzle" toys as well.

It's a good thing, for the Brand.
    Yeah I agree. They're obviously designed with kids play style in mind, so I hope they like them. Of course, I did see a kid on the verge of tears because his dad wouldn't buy him one of those terrible Stealth Force toys, so Hasbro probably has nothing to worry about.

I think it would be better to call them something other than Deluxes though, like Fast Action Battlers, or Revealers. They're not really "deluxe" in the engineering.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What I find a bit odd is that these are slated to be released next year, but the Beast Hunters show ends in September?
    This is the filler line until the TF4 toys comes out in April... and maybe even after that, if they sell well enough (the cartoon is always being re-run in America, and we'd only just be getting season 2 on free-to-air here.

The rest of the new toys should be out by August, then until the end of the year we will have replenishing waves of previously released toys in different assortment ratios. At the same time Target will have its series of redecos to coincide with the release of the finale movie in September.
    Then these "new" resized figures will be released from December/January, with Movie toys coming out in about April.

With the "upscaled" toys, I like the Predacons and the Voyagers. Give me a Thunderclash redeco of THAT Prime.

But man, Bumblebee and Smokescreen literally look like knock-offs.

Deluxe Skylynx has been sighted and purchased in San Jose, CA, ahead of their scheduled release date.
    Priced at USD $12.99, we can see packaging image here.

Thanks to TFW member deltagod

The more I look at that Beast Hunters voyager Optimus, the more I like the PRID Optimus, and PRID Optimus wasn't the best.

Totally skipping these...

Unless... They also upgrade the commander Hardshell and turn it into a voyager...

I still think if Smokescreen was blue, people would more than likely buy him... I know I would

It took a while for me to work out (a few weeks ago when looking to buy these Target exclusives online), but these 10 exclusives were actually split up into two waves, and the second wave is now starting to appear in America, a month after the first wave.

Wave 1
    Ultimate Predaking
    Abominus 5-pack
    Legion 2-pack Smokescreen Vs Cindersaur
    Cmdr 2-pack Optimus Vs Predaking
    Deluxe Skylynx
    Voyager Dark Steel

Wave 2
    Legion 2-pack Bumblebee Vs Blight
    Cmdr 2-pack Shockwave & Bombshock
    Deluxe Nova Blast Bumblebee
    Voyager Cryofire Predaking