Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decepticon Makeover?

Default Decepticon Makeover?

Can we have a Decepticon makeover every 6 months? Darn ye Autobot icons me see on the forum page every day!

Megatron Guest

I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day!

Perhaps the new post icon can be the Decepticon symbol, instead of the grey Autobot one?

I personally think griffin's busy enough as it is running this board in his own spare time for free. Don't think we need to unnecessarily give him more work to do. JMHO.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally think griffin's busy enough as it is running this board in his own spare time for free. Don't think we need to unnecessarily give him more work to do. JMHO.
    There's no hurry and no pressure is intended on griffin at all, it's just something to think about. What's the point in having a Suggestion Box if our suggestions aren't shared?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    What's the point in having a Suggestion Box if our suggestions aren't shared?
    I don't recall ever saying that people couldn't make suggestions. I was just expressing my personal opinion. I don't think it's a bad idea, but I wouldn't want it to become an additional burden on griffin who's already overworked managing this community as it is. Perhaps if another member of the board staff (e.g. co-admin, global moderator ??) were able to do it. So I don't necessarily object to the idea per se, but somewhat concerned about the implications of its execution.

If this idea were to take off, I would like to see more themes than just Autobot/Decepticon (e.g. Maximal (BW), Predacon (BW), Mutant-Beast, Blentron, Wrecker, Maximal (BM), Vehicon, Combaticon (CR/RiD), Mini-Con, EDC, NEST, Predacon (TFP) et al.).

The Decepticon theme was avoided when we first started as a site, so that it didn't look too much like the Allspark site. Now that the Allspark is rather quiet these days in the fandom, it is not something to worry about anymore.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Okay, Decepticon theme is DONE.

Watch your mail, as you've all been sent small cans of spray paint, and a stencil with 'OTCA' cut out.

Simply paint your monitor, and voila!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Decepticon theme was avoided when we first started as a site, so that it didn't look too much like the Allspark site. Now that the Allspark is rather quiet these days in the fandom, it is not something to worry about anymore.
    It's just the icons though I was thinking, not the background - that can stay as to me it has a taste of outback Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Okay, Decepticon theme is DONE.

Watch your mail, as you've all been sent small cans of spray paint, and a stencil with 'OTCA' cut out.

Simply paint your monitor, and voila!
    What is this I don't even...