Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: WIP masterpiece slipstream

just got the head AJ

That's kind of creepy being transparent like that. can't wait to see the finished product.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Hey man, that looks good. Does it sit in the right position on the model? Looks a bit further back than the original, although this head had less height and depth than the original. Was the width ok?

How is the ball socket? Does it fit on ok? Is it too tight or too loose?

The other thing I was worried about is that although this particular plastic was good for bringing out the fine detail, it was also more brittle. The walls to the sides of the ball socket turned out thinner than I had expected so I was worried that if it was too tight on the ball joint that they might snap off. Did you find there was any play in the plastic?

Looking forward to seeing the finished product all painted up. Should be an awesome custom. Have you sorted out how you're going to do the arms?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Hey man, that looks good. Does it sit in the right position on the model? Looks a bit further back than the original, although this head had less height and depth than the original. Was the width ok?

How is the ball socket? Does it fit on ok? Is it too tight or too loose?

The other thing I was worried about is that although this particular plastic was good for bringing out the fine detail, it was also more brittle. The walls to the sides of the ball socket turned out thinner than I had expected so I was worried that if it was too tight on the ball joint that they might snap off. Did you find there was any play in the plastic?

Looking forward to seeing the finished product all painted up. Should be an awesome custom. Have you sorted out how you're going to do the arms?
    the ball joint hole fit good but the wall was abit thin walls so it actually bend at the end but didn't snap which was good..and it was sitting to much at the back need to bring it forward and close the back , but the head sitting nicely now so i think you need to extend the back abit .... maybe the head need to be scale up just a little say 2mm ... but im happy with it now anyways..

Cool thanks man. Yeah I think maybe if the helmet was made a bit longer (front to back) that might help a bit. I'm glad it fit over the ball joint ok, bit of a worry about the bending though.

It'll take some trial and error with future sculpts, might try another one down the track and see how that goes. It would be interesting to try one where the socket for the ball joint is more central to the base of the head.

Can't wait to see it all finished dude.

Looking good man. Really coming together.

I finally had some time free so i decided it was long over due to finish her...
    Initially i when with a different colour scheme for her ... i was experimenting with the chameleon paint... the one that shift from green to purple , but i couldn't spray it for some reason it , keep getting a white off spray from it ... and it stuff the right wing up...had to take the paint off and re-sand it back ... lucky it actually could come off without doing to much damage ....
    decide to add front fins and bling her up ... left her side kibble because i imagine it like a dress for her ...
    Thanks AJ-prime again for modeling the 3d head ...
    Looking at the photo i took from my phone the colour turn out abit funny .... it metallic purple not dark blue

Woah dude

Wow!!!

That turned out awesome!!!

Hella impressed

Slipstream's been attacked with a bedazzler!!!

Seriously though, the gems on her wouldn't have been the way I would've gone, but that's an awesome custom. Really love the way you've softened her lines and the paint job is outstanding. Well done Lancalot and AJ Prime.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!