Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will these Universe Packs be released here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's been a while since I read The War Within, could someone confirm whether Springer was a triple changer by then?

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs.
    Weren't these four toys considered some of the best of the excellent standard of the Cybertron line? I recall high praise for CD Hot Shot, Sideways, Starscream and Evac across the major TF boards in 2005 and 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars.
    Huh? These comic pack toys specifically represent their comic adventures of whatever comic is included. Of course, they don't look anythign like their G1 appearances, but they just went with the closest toys they could get.

Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars.
    Not forgetting but then again who is to say he belongs in Classics Universe? He does come with a Marvel UK comic where the character appears in. So as far as this package is concerned, that Cybertron Defense Hot shot mold IS Marvel G1 Roadbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Weren't these four toys considered some of the best of the excellent standard of the Cybertron line? I recall high praise for CD Hot Shot, Sideways, Starscream and Evac across the major TF boards in 2005 and 2006.
    I'm not sure about Starscream - the design is awfully simple for the pricepoint (although it's not a bad toy), but I do think the others are all strong moulds.

The mass repainting of the Evac concept into different G1 choppers is getting tedious mind you. It's not Whirl. It's not Springer. It's not a BotCon toy with the extra focus on making the tribute work.

Roadbuster is a decent idea, although I think the paint job needs more work.

Ratbat I can live with - neither the repaint or the tribute have been done before. And of course a seeker repaint as another seeker is an easy win.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Just commenting on the bonus comics with these - they *should* just be a single issue, not the entire series/story. The Wreckers comic should just be the single issue, not the entire Wreckers story (which is was a big book, and priced at $30-40 on its own when Titan reprinted it). And I'd expect the same with the War Within comic, because I would think that the inclusion of the entire multi-issue compilation would make these very expensive 2-packs.

I should note that with Hasbro push for Universe as a 'realism' line (alt modes and colour schemes), comic packs are likely one of the few ways they can easily make homages of characters who were in 'unrealistic' colour schemes. The design team can justify it to whomever in the bean counters approves these toys for production that hey, they're only trying to keep accurate to the fiction included with the product.

I'd love for a custom parts firm like Fans Project do an accessory set for Roadbuster. New head, new weapons and gear. The guy has a couple of peg-sized screw holes and two Mini-Con ports, perfect for mounting gear

I think all four toys are good and am happy with the recolouring and names chosen.

Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been resurrected since his demise during the Time Wars.
    Unless the UK stories never happened in that universe, just the US ones.

Officially, these toys are just representative of their appearance in the specific comics included, so they don't belong to the Fan Club's Classics comics Universe (which does not incorporate the Marvel UK stories). Though obviously if the Fan Club or anybody else wants, they can be put into that continuity if they so wish.