Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botcon Platinum Edition Figures and Masterpiece

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Botcon Platinum Edition Figures and Masterpiece

As well as the previously released Platinum Ultra Magnus, Omega Supreme and Optimus Prime, pictures from botcon have appeared from Hasbro's display case, mainly MP-01 Acid Storm, MP-02 Soundwave, Platinum G1 Predaking Reissue and Grimlock vs Bruticus. The mentioned Linkin Park gold Soundwave was also revealed.

Platinum Edition: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ersary-177874/

MP Soundwave: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ndwave-177875/

MP Acid Storm: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-177877/

I for one am extremely pumped for Grimmy vs Bruticus, Predaking (the box and toy both look AMAZING ) and MP Soundwave, who looks to be seeing release in July, at least in the US.

Good to see they're really getting into the possibilites of Platinum Edition and Generations.

Wow Bruticus is in his original SDCC colours, as well the G1 Predaking looks mighty fine and i'm loving the box art. MP Swave and Acid Storm is a must and for the Grim Vs Brut $170 is too much, might wait till TRU have a sale and then pick it up. Does anyone know if the platinum edition Predaking will come here? Hopefully at Big W

I hope Predaking does. He looks really cool and Big W would be great.

Oh man I want acidstorm and soundwave so much more now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Oh man I want acidstorm and soundwave so much more now!!
    Same here acid storm look good!

I thought Acid Storm had more black on him Can't really say I'm a fan of all that green.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So disappointed that they are using the SDCC colours for Bruticus, after most people paid over $200 for the SDCC version.
    I want to collect the Platinum series for the display of the toys AND packaging, but not happy about the toy inside being the same as a previously released version.

I'm considering the PE PK. I've always had a soft spot for the 2010 reissue with the gold paint apps. 2nd time round perhaps?
    Looking at Cheesewave's making me hungry. What happened there?
    Acid Storm and SW are bought on sight
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 29th June 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Sinnertwin can't spell

Default Need Help

Hi guys i just signed up, im so bad at froums n such, but im trying to get ahold of the Platinum edition of the Transformers Bruticus n Grimlock, and the Predaking n i dont want to over pay on ebay or buy loose figures.
    Im from Melbourne but atm im in Sydney on Kent st visiting for the week so if anyone knows where i can go to get either of them plz email me asap.

Thanks

tjho85@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by tomo597 View Post
    Hi guys i just signed up, im so bad at froums n such, but im trying to get ahold of the Platinum edition of the Transformers Bruticus n Grimlock, and the Predaking n i dont want to over pay on ebay or buy loose figures.
    Im from Melbourne but atm im in Sydney on Kent st visiting for the week so if anyone knows where i can go to get either of them plz email me asap.

Thanks

tjho85@live.com
    Welcome aboard

Neither have been released locally. The only one that we know of being released here at the moment is the Bruticus set & as BD posted previously it has been rescheduled for later in the year as opposed to it's originally scheduled release date of August. I havent seen any in the local independant comic/toy stores either.
    The only Platinum Ed. Figures you may find could be leftover Magnus & Prime from Target's & Kmart's Toysale.