View Poll Results: Limited release toys in Australia - what to do?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing different

4 16.67%
  • Sightings sub-section for higher ranks only

5 20.83%
  • Co-Op reservations & purchases

3 12.50%
  • Both Sightings and Co-Op concepts

10 41.67%
  • Restrict info to Deluxe Members only

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with toys that have a limited release here?

Default What to do with toys that have a limited release here?

A poll was suggested, so let's see if there is a majority on this idea.
    (NOTE - this is for limited release items that are in higher demand here, which usually only occurs a couple times a year... so any proposed concept is not expected to apply to 99% of the Transformers toys in any year)

If there is a Transformers toy coming that is expected to have a limited release (either by being short-packed in an assortment, or exclusive to a store chain), should we...

Do nothing different - item will be reported in the sightings section for everyone, including non-members, to see.
    Set up a sub-section to the Sighting Section for the more active/dedicated members only - Sightings can still be posted in the regular section, with or without specific details, but more of the specific location details could be kept out of sight of those who have no interest in contributing here as a fan.
    Set up Co-Op topics in the Group Orders section, for people to help out other people that are unable to get to that store - In order to beat the scalpers, and non-fan customers (ones who don't know what they are buying, so could just as easily buy a general-release item as a present), people who have easy access to the item can buy an extra one or two and offer it to people on the list wanting one.
    Set up a Sub-section AND Co-Op topics - a combination of the above two options, maybe in the same section.
    Keep the specific details of store locations to Deluxe Members only - People need to have at least half their posts in the non-sales sections of the board to be a Deluxe Member (as a reward for interacting as a fan and helping out others), but this would hinder those who are newer who haven't yet reached the point of being invited.

Just like with the discussion topic, this is just to get opinions. It is not binding.
    A new concept would be trialled first, if instigated at all.

I'm just a basic member so this wouldn't benefit me at all but I chose option 4 as I think that's only fair. Better they go to passionate fans and dedicated forumers than scalpers.

I voted for option 2. I think that as long as you are a regular member here (which if you are, is reflected by your rank) then you shouldn't be excluded. If it went on ranks 3 or 5 and higher then no one who is an active member of these boards is excluded. Maybe even look at it as either a rank and/or post count thing.

I do think this is a good discussion to have. Just have a look at the view count on the MP Soundwave/Acid Storm threads
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I do think this is a good discussion to have. Just have a look at the view count on the MP Soundwave/Acid Storm threads
    Agreed. I think somebody who contributes to this site be it through sightings, customs, attending fairs and interacting in whatever capacity on this site even on a small scale, should have some advantage over the person that signs up, asks how much their MP Prime is worth in the price check thread and is never heard from again.

Option 4

Personally, I'd suggest sightings, but (and possibly self preservation here) suggest it being a case of Basic or higher ranking.

The co-op thing? Start threads in a forum and have people work it out between themselves. I've found direct threads/PMs have enabled me to get most of what I've been chasing, with other members able to assist messaging me with their options. Seems to work pretty well on that front without changing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Agreed. I think somebody who contributes to this site be it through sightings, customs, attending fairs and interacting in whatever capacity on this site even on a small scale, should have some advantage over the person that signs up, asks how much their MP Prime is worth in the price check thread and is never heard from again.
    But you don't even have to be a member to view those threads. So even I they were just available from rank 3 and up would be a massive improvement. That way it doesn't benefit someone who simply registers and then is never heard from. You actually have to contribute to the boards.

What is wrong with that?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Option 5 makes me angry...
    I dont have time to post all the time, go to collectors fairs as I have a very young family and I work fulltime.

I enjoy the sightings folders and I have been trying to add to the ACT folder. so that other collectors can share in my joy.

Yet I have been collecting for 28yrs and have 1600+ and I hardly sell any of my Transformers (only when I end up with multiple even then its hard)

Thats why I wont be voting Labor... Oh wait!

The fifth option is just an extreme to counter option 1... it doesn't mean that it would happen.
    Like I said in the post, nothing is binding, but I want to see where the opinions lie, as it was suggested in the other topic that a poll would be easier to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But you don't even have to be a member to view those threads. So even I they were just available from rank 3 and up would be a massive improvement. That way it doesn't benefit someone who simply registers and then is never heard from. You actually have to contribute to the boards.

What is wrong with that?
    Nothing at all. i would like people to contribute to these boards also. I'm not familiar with the ranking requirements, but if for example having 50 posts as a minimum is required to access this proposed sightings section, then I'm all for it, which was what my initial post was alluding to, contribution.
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 4th July 2013 at 06:56 PM.