Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classics/Universe canon

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sunstreaker
    You cropped out Universe Sideswipe who was standing right next to his brother..

the concept of transformers having family relations (brother) i thought was weird considering they were all processed in a factory by the quints
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    they were all processed in a factory by the quints
    Not in every Universe my young friend. I'm sure (guessing really) they have a different origin in all the different continuities.

Of course the only real continuity that counts is the Diggerverse where all Tf's were created by God (me) and they all live alongside one another be they Trilogy, G1, Titanium, Alt, Bt, Classic, Henkei, Machine men or any other name.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Air Attack Optimus Primal. The big BM Primal, released in RiD packaging.
    The best BM toy in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The following is how I take all this since its all pretty much about the Universe Classics:

Sunstreaker, Prowl, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Octane, Galvatron, Silverbolt, Powerglide and other toys clearly representing G1 characters belong to ALL OF G1 not just any particular continuity.

Why? Because I take Classics not as a continuity but as 'modernizations' of classic G1 characters so they fit all G1 continuities where the character has appeared.

Minicons, Legends, etc? I don't give a damn about them so I didn't/will not buy them and they don't fit at all with the main G1 continuities aside from the very isolated Timelines comic. So when it comes to Minicons, I don't care.

So as far as I was concerned, minicons are not G1 because Classics for me is not a continuity but figures tributing classic G1 characters so when I see Henkei/Universe Prowl, to me he belongs to Marvel G1, Sunbow cartoon, DW, IDW, etc.
    I find myself agreeing with kup.

I also agree with Kup, its like he made my thoughts legible!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Of course the only real continuity that counts is the Diggerverse where all Tf's were created by God (me) and they all live alongside one another be they Trilogy, G1, Titanium, Alt, Bt, Classic, Henkei, Machine men or any other name.
    You're Primus????

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You're Primus????
    No, he's actually Unicron (ie. he eats everything & vomits the leftovers out altogether - that's how they all live in the same universe... )

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    That's because he has nothing to do with RiD. He should have been packaged as the Beast Machines toy he is, plain and simple. That's line relevance.

Kids aren't stupid enough to forget Beast Machines after one year, despite the dumbing down that is so prevalent in marketing to children nowadays. Show me a kid who can't tell the difference between (in current terms) Movie Bumblebee and Animated Bumblebee - and where they belong - and I'll find a special needs school for him.
    It is simple marketing at the end of the day. Beast Machines toys were yesterday's news. RID was today's hot thing, and since BM didn't do so well, they put him in the packaging of a line that would probably serve the toy better in selling him, particularly for the retailer that ended up with loads of unsold Supreme class Cheetors. I doubt they would have wanted another Supreme class Beast Machines toy.

I don't get why you're so determined to defend the lazy efforts of Hasbro marketing.

Show me where these toys appear in the Armada comic or cartoon.

Following your own logic from the AAOP debate, these Minicons should not be sold as Armada because kids won't recognise them as Transformers, since that line hasn't been around for five years.

I wouldn't object to them being labelled as Armada if there was a proper attempt to tie these moulds which were never released during that era to Armada. And the whole "Minicons are Armada" thing is a little weak considering we've seen Minicons under the Energon, Cybertron, Classics, Universe and Movie banners. Yes, fans associate Minicons with Armada, but not exclusively so. And kids today probably wont, since they've been in almost every subline since.

I won't base my decision to purchase this pack solely on the label, but since it's a fairly expensive pack of repaints with an interesting layout there's a fairly good chance that fans like myself would consider this pack as something to keep sealed. In which case the label becomes relevant. I probably wont get this set, since the repaints don't interest me, but the "Armada" label on it pretty much rules out buying to keep sealed. And I'm not bent out of shape about that, but Hasbro's lazy packaging may just have lost them a purchase.
    Haven't you ever heard of retroactive continuity? They can place new characters in older continuities if they wish. What? New molds of new characters should never be done for older fiction? Its just "Hey, these are new Mini-Con teams that you didn't see previously."

That's it. You buy them and play with them, and if you so wish, you can imagine them as belonging to any continuity if you so choose. Hasbro isn't locking you into some kind of continuity contract for these toys that you must follow or oblige

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Hasbro isn't locking you into some kind of continuity contract for these toys that you must follow or oblige
    They do for some nerds.

No, he's actually Unicron (ie. he eats everything & vomits the leftovers out altogether - that's how they all live in the same universe... )
    Haha............good one.....

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Haha............good one.....
    So you think my material is actually getting better?