Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Letter of Complaint to TRU Online

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Obviously on a mate to mate level there Don't worry their e-mail to me to say the item was cancelled started with Dear Minh, and yet strangely I have no Vietnamese heritage whatsoever and it's not my F-ing NAME!!!
    My reply goes off topic, so I've posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    So wait, let me confirm this. Trypticon is back on the shelves, but at the higher discounted price?
    He never left the shelves except for the stores that sold out. And in many of the stores that still have him on shelves they have not bothered to change the $70 price tag. This is why even though he scans at the more expensive price at the checkout you can still prob get him at $70 if you challenge it

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    TRU are legally in the right
    I think there's a huge difference between what's legally right and what's morally right at times, they might not have broken any written "laws" but in my opinion they are braking more important unwritten laws.
    But hey, the law is written by and for the rich, always has been always will be, the poor just get lucky sometimes and are covered under those same laws.

Good job for trying Trev, hopefully someone can find you a Trypticon and mail it out to you at a good price, I'll have a look too but my locals were cleaned out.

I'm not convinced there are many actually being sold since last thursday. I went to TRU Bankstown on sunday and they didn't even have a space for Trypticon on the shelves.

not a bad effort Trev, I did cringe at the Hello hopkins, an unfortunate error by whoever sent the reply
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I think there's a huge difference between what's legally right and what's morally right at times, they might not have broken any written "laws" but in my opinion they are braking more important unwritten laws.
    If TRU were a more sensible company they would've had a more consistent approach towards pricing their exclusive TFs more reasonably.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Nothing immoral about it because if they did end up honoring the price they wouldn't be doing it for you.

It's nice when companies do honor price errors but they only do it avoid bad PR. TRU would have weighed up the consequences of losing thousands of dollars vs a couple of angry transformer fans and made a business decision.

Someone, somehow made a mistake on the price. It was never meant to be sold at that price and honestly you were never meant to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Nothing immoral about it because if they did end up honoring the price they wouldn't be doing it for you.
    It's nice when companies do honor price errors but they only do it avoid bad PR. TRU would have weighed up the consequences of losing thousands of dollars vs a couple of angry transformer fans and made a business decision.
    Someone, somehow made a mistake on the price. It was never meant to be sold at that price and honestly you were never meant to get it.
    Don't know if you are being profound or just vauge. Sigh, here, let me try and explain it in the form of a narritive.

There was once a man named Trev. He has been buying Transformers for over thirty years. He has spent thousands and thousands of dollars at a big company called Toys R Us on Transformers. Trev now has two kids of his own and when he visits Melbourne he buys toys for them as well. Trev likes buying toys at Toys R Us!

Here is Trev at the big Toys R Us DOTM Midnight Mania toy launch. Trev had a great time! He spent LOTS of money on Transformer toys that night. Trev told all his friends and family what a great time he had. This made Trev’s friends and family want to shop at Toys R Us too!

One day Trev got told how a Transformer toy was being sold very cheaply by Toys R Us. Trev jumped online and ordered himself one – Big Happy Trev!

Trev got an email a day later saying that Toys R Us had no more of these Transformer toys to send to him so would give him his money back. Trev was disappointed but he understood.

Trev then found out that Toys R Us had been telling a big fib. Toys R Us DID still have some of these toys in their stores and were still selling them very cheaply when asked to. Trev wrote an email to Toys R Us asking them to send him his toy that he had paid for.

Toys R Us wrote back to Trev and they were not very nice. They quoted consumer laws and didn’t even use Trev’s name properly! Toys R Us said they would not send him the toy. Now Trev was cross – Big Angry Trev!

Here is Trev at the pub complaining about Toys R Us to his friends and family. Trev says he won’t shop at Toys R Us anymore. Trev’s friends and family don’t like that the store was mean to Trev, they say that they won’t shop at Toys R Us anymore either.

Epilogue: It turns out Trev was not the only one that Toys R Us did this to. Lots of people got grumpy and complained on websites and social media about Toys R Us. This made the people that read their posts not want to shop there too.

The moral of the story is that if Toys R Us had been truthful and kept their promises like a good store should, they would have gotten more customers and more money in the long run. Maybe losing a little bit of money on one toy wouldn’t have been so bad for the great big company after all.

I like stories.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Trev AKA Aesop, otherwise known to TRU as Hopkins.

I should try reading this as a bedtime story to the Autobub.

I just hope they learn the word Sorry or We Apologize. My wife is the one who complained in one of the TRU stores and their response is pretty much the same Pricing Error...yeah.