Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe just too many darn toys...

Default Maybe just too many darn toys...

I ran out of shelf space late last year, and have been storing the toys since then in boxes. A few weeks ago I got more shelving, and sorted the toys (including some of the old shelves of toys for resorting). I just noticed today while looking over my Movie FABs, I had the recoloured Bumblebee, but couldn't see the first Bumblebee. I spent a good half hour looking all over for it, and ended up coming to the conclusion that I must have never even acquired it.
    It was not on my written checklist or my collection page, but was removed from my 2 checklist files on the computer (yes, I have four different files to keep track of my collection).
    It seems that I removed FAB Bumblebee and FAB Barricade from my 2 computer checklists some time ago, so never remembered to look for them. And with so many of each of the main Movie cast done as different sizes and types, I didn't even notice anything missing from that release period.
    Now I have to find them, which might not be easy since they were released almost a year ago now, in small quantities.

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to collect so many toys to make it easier to keep track of them all in the first place.
    Or maybe I should stop complaining about having too many toys, when most others have trouble affording more than a handful.

I do blame this on the multiple Movie toys though. It's no surprise that with all the Bumblebee toys, one could go missing without even noticing it.

snap!

so what, you removed them from the checklist in the assumption you bought them?

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, bossbot, I don't think those are toys u'll exactly be missing any time soon.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I think you've summed it up perfectly...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't be trying to collect so many toys to make it easier to keep track of them all in the first place.
    Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the FAB's (but that's just me )

I drew the line at the Go-bots transformers.... way to kiddy for me to waste my money on. So when these came out, i figured i'd stick to Basic, Deluxe, Mega etc etc.... no space for the kiddy crap.

Now, I do regret it sometimes.... like a Ramjet repaint.... but it's $20 bucks i can use to save for a botcon set or something.

Plus, it lets me justify NOT getting the blasters or the OP helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    snap!

so what, you removed them from the checklist in the assumption you bought them?

George
    I don't know. Maybe it was during that big bulk purchase of Movie toys from BBTS and RK in March, and I just pruned out too much from my checklists.

I guess it comes down to quality (to remember) not quantity (to forget)...

well..i already have a hard time tracking my toys on an excel spreadsheet, along with the time to take individual pics and group pics for each acquisition. this is even more time-consuming that it looks....

with movie repaints, it has sure gotten out of hand...

Hasbro Hasbro in Australia,
    we need a "PAUSE" on this line till the next Movie is out in 2009!
    throw us Universe/Classics and Animated all the way :P

I am very selective in what I collect so this issue with the Movie figures haven't really impacted me but I can understand the frustration with fans who like to collect it all.

With like 5 toys or so for every character and at least 3 repaints for every movie mold, mistakes are bound to happen but I am sure that with little effort you can get your missing figures.

I was so glad I'm not a completist when the movie toys were announced. There's _way_ toop much cr4p like this for me to really appreciate them all, far less afford them all.

Good luck in your search (because I know you, and you will track one down!).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I tried to collect every single version of the 2 main movie characters: Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. Even that was too much already and I gave up and didn't pick up the Nightwatch Prime (both sizes) or Rally Rocket BB. Now I've continued to fail in getting rid of the FAB Fire Blast Prime. Whenever I take it out people just laugh at me.