Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Transformers Animated on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Very well, "sales" they've lost sales and their copies will linger on the shelves; because of this they will never ever release another collection of transformers cartoons again.

It will be very sad with much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth.

Better?
    that'll do.
    I don't know why they are so far behind the 8ball, surely they realise that the material they are releaseing is late, by years behind (in some cases region free) US releases. TF Prime BR season collections for Example.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    that'll do.
    I don't know why they are so far behind the 8ball, surely they realise that the material they are releaseing is late, by years behind (in some cases region free) US releases. TF Prime BR season collections for Example.
    Madman Entertainment's handling all their Hasbro series poorly:
    My Little Pony: FIM - Single DVD releases, followed by bundled box set (lacking all extras), long after the USA.
    Pound Puppies - Cancelled after a single DVD release, surely decent stories of cute puppies can't be that difficult to sell (i.e. Buddies series from Disney)?
    Transformers Prime - Single DVD releases, followed by bundled box set (lacking most extras), long after USA. Only Blu-Ray release is equal to overseas release.

Madman Entertainment doesn't seem to really care about their (non-anime) cartoon series, their Cartoon Network label was even worse. Only the older cartoon series released on DVD via the retro line seem to be the exception.

I've seen Seasons 1 and 2 at JB Hi Fi, but Season 3 isn't out yet. However it is on JB Hi Fi's database and thus available for preorder w/ $5 deposit (I've already preordered mine).

I'm having mixed feelings about seeing Madman releasing these. I like how Sony DVDs have more language options -- switching on subtitles are useful for when I'm watching the show after the little one's gone to bed. Sony are really good w/ including subtitle options w/ their DVDs (my Beast Machines DVDs all have sub options too), whereas I find Madman don't bother providing subtitles on titles that don't have non-English audio options ... despite the fact that subtitles are also used by the hearing impaired (and there are deaf TF fans out there; I've come across 2 in Australia). But on the other hand, Sony TF DVDs lack special features, which Madman are typically better at... it'll be interesting to see what goodies they've packed with their Animated DVDs, especially if there's any exclusive bonus content (which they have done before for other TF DVDs, e.g. Beast Wars). I'm not going to re-purchase Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD just to watch the bonus features (I'll probably borrow it off someone else later on ).

Either way, I'm totally stoked about FINALLY owning the third season on legit DVD!!!