Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Simpsons

Well damn....

$329 is a wee bit steep!

US price is 200.... I think I'm going via my Yankee contacts on this one

Feb 1st is earlier than I was expecting too!

If it is that price at the lego shop it will likely still be $300 in Big W if they get it in at all.

Sad thing is that the one off lego buyers will pay $300 for it and Lego will see it as a positive for their brand to keep making expensive licensed sets and overcharge for them. I know there are a lot of new figures being made here and it's a big set, but that is what the minifig line is for.

No reason to have such a large price discrepancy between us and the US. Not event he Orthanc tower had such a price difference.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Well damn....

$329 is a wee bit steep!

US price is 200.... I think I'm going via my Yankee contacts on this one
    That doesn't shock me. It is pretty much the European price (I think the UK price is almost dead on when converted).

Might have to do the same though and hit up an American
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've done some more maths, and think that the hassle to my friend isn't worth it...

200 us is 222 aud atm, plus about 75 for shipping to here, it's not actually saving much at all....

I'd use my mate if the dollar was closer to even, but might just get outright this time

It's annoying when it says free shipping but the price is $330. USA Lego is. Us$199. Hell yeah it's free shipping.

TOO EXPENSIVE!!! The house does not look that attractive either.. I would take the huge LOTR black tower any time.
    I been waiting for that Black Tower set to be released in Australia since I got two black gate sets followed by the Star wars Ewok treehouse set

AND….. why the heck Lego would pick The Simpsons as a theme set..

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvader78 View Post
    AND….. why the heck Lego would pick The Simpsons as a theme set..
    Coz it will be wanted by boys and girls aged 4 to 40!!!! Massive customer base without many of the limits normal ranges have when it comes to themes such as age ranges or gender

The Minifigure wave comes out globally in May (probably later here), to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the cartoon. (has it been that long already? It's amazing to think that it is only 5 years younger than Transformers)

The set of 16 figures will include - Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie, Chief Wiggum, Itchy, Scratchy, Mr Burns, Krusty the Clown, Milhouse, Ralph Wiggum, Nelson, Apu, Ned Flanders and Grandpa.
    (they are probably the most significant 16, so will probably all be available in the build sets as well, just to cater to both completist and thrifty collectors)

Interesting to hear that the 25th anniversary episode will be a Lego episode... or at least one of the 25th anniversary episodes, as I read elsewhere that a crossover with Family Guy was to be expected as well.

I assumed the Lego bit was just going to be one of those extended guest animated couch gags they've been doing lately.

25 years it may be, but Simpsons took a few years to come here, definitely wasn't on air in 1989 in this country.