View Poll Results: Hasbro MP Soundwave - worth buying?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 87.76%
  • Only if...

1 2.04%
  • Not worth it

2 4.08%
  • Not even interested

3 6.12%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Hasbro MP Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Doesn't Hasbro Soundwave have that big "CE" white text on one of his legs?
    Dunno. I've yet to see Hasbro MP Soundwave for myself IRL. The differences I listed were taken straight from TFwiki (which certainly isn't always accurate ). I'm hoping to do an IRL comparison later this month and take some side by side comparison photos.

P.S.: According to TFwiki, the Asian market version of MP Soundwave lacks paint apps on the triangle on his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Doesn't Hasbro Soundwave have that big "CE" white text on one of his legs?
    Along with #4348 on the outside of his right leg on his knee in robot mode

So I tried out the tape system last night, A W E S O M E. such a simple elegant design.

my only concern is the Frumble pair are a bit chunky and tend to jam, all the others though fit perfectly and can be easily ejected in series.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So I tried out the tape system last night, A W E S O M E. such a simple elegant design.
    I love how it's also backward-compatible w/ the G1 cassettes too. That's why I'm not fussed about buying MP SoundBlaster just for Ratbat - I can just use my G1 Ratbat w/ MP Soundwave. And likewise Slugfest, Overkill, Beastbox and Squawktalk.

I didnt know that sound wave can you the pile driver on his arms! and forgot about the stash on his feet for frenzy guns

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    (snip)
    Noooooooo, just no, Soundwave can't be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on Ravage?
    Compared to Laserbeak & Rumble he just doesnt cut it for me.
    Ravage is very meh. Really disliked his whole set up. Straight back to cassette form for me. :P

The birds easily the best. Rumble/Frenzy are okish. Could have been better. I like the ideas put into them but they could have been pulled off better.

Soundwave is just brilliant. A bit kibblish in the way he transforms. Always thought he'd be uber-simple but it doesn't hurt him in robot form, which is probably the main priority. A few things need a pointy knife (or something small and thin) to get to, particularly his gun. My fingers/nails just don't cut it. :P

On of his finger joints popped off when I was playing with him last night. Easily pops back in but BE CAREFUL! Could so easily be lost. >_<

Great toy. Really happy to have him. Fantastic value and I hope everyone who wants him can get hold of him.

Wow - judging by all the threads and all the comments about this figure, you guys must have really taken my review of MP SW on page one of this thread seriously! (I'm assuming that's why y'all went out and grabbed him ) Sniff... I'm touched. I didn't think anyone ever read my reviews (besides Gok to see if I made any mistakes that needed to be pointed out - just teasing mate), let alone valued my opinion so highly

Enjoy your figures, so glad I could be of service

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wow - judging by all the threads and all the comments about this figure, you guys must have really taken my review of MP SW on page one of this thread seriously! (I'm assuming that's why y'all went out and grabbed him ) Sniff... I'm touched. I didn't think anyone ever read my reviews (besides Gok to see if I made any mistakes that needed to be pointed out - just teasing mate), let alone valued my opinion so highly

Enjoy your figures, so glad I could be of service
    Your word is law Trev. I reliably heard that this was a result of you liking MP-1
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain