Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Predaking now shipping from Amazon

drbunny Guest

How much did it cost you to buy and ship to Australia for Predaking from Amazon?

Predaking is now available again from Amazon. Which would explain the automated email I got saying that since I was a recent customer, if I was not satisfied with the one I got, I can now claim a replacement.

For the question above, shipping to me was $12.18 (because the weight is wrong on this item - it only says it weighs a pound, which is only about 400gms).
    It's probably why they were skimping on the packaging, because they were losing too much money on shipping, but no one has thought to correct the weight of the item on the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If I send it back for a replacement, and have to pay postage (because it might not be going back to the exact location that sent it, so might not qualify for return-to-sender), it will cost me a minimum of $62.35.
    (just goes to show how good Amazon shipping is)

I might look at getting the partial credit instead, and just see if I can sell this one for at least the difference... And see if I can remove the labels without damaging the box too much.
    I managed to get the "replacement authorisation" cancelled, and got a partial refund instead (30% - I only asked for 20%) so that I can just order another one. When the second one gets here, I'll look at finding a buyer for the first one, as close to the difference as I can.

Megatran Guest

Those boxes look appalling. Filthy if you enjoy keeping the box or are a collector. SHAME ON AMAZON.

In stark contrast, my BBTS Predaking box came encased in its orignal snug brown outer cardboard carton as added protection. I had mine shipped as PoL so he was placed inside a larger shipping box. Paid a little more through BBTS, but worth it I reckon.

Disappointed that this platinum edition box doesn't have a front cover that's book style to open to display. I thought it'd be the same as Omega, Prime and Magnus.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Disappointed that this platinum edition box doesn't have a front cover that's book style to open to display. I thought it'd be the same as Omega, Prime and Magnus.
    No doubt that the 'book cover' styled box would be good for collectors or those who want to display him in the box.

However, all my TF toys are for play and displayed out of the box. The enjoyment it brings to my wife & I when the nephews come to visit is priceless. And the empty box would look pretty silly when you open the 'book cover'.

I ordered several other items as well, so it should be packed in a box this time... hopefully. It might get a little dented, but that's better than big shipping labels on it.

Just out of interest Griffin, are you concerned for your box because you keep them all?
    I can't begin to imagine the amount of storage you must need for the amount you buy if so!

I do keep all the packaging, but flatten all the regular Hasbro stuff.

I just got a notice from Amazon that the Predaking has shipped... on its own. Either I ordered too much stuff to have in one box, or they really want to keep shipping these things without a box.

I ordered mine with 3 deluxes and a voyager and got Predaking in his own little box in a box. Everything arrived nice, neat and sticker free.

Predaking is a little loose in the joints butt he mold itself holds up well.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)