Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what voices do you hear for the IDW characters?

Default what voices do you hear for the IDW characters?

Recently I've gotten into Reading the IDW Transformers comics (Well MTMTE anyway)

now having never seen G1 (go ahead burn me) and seeing as how from what I've heard some of the characters in the current IDW series are wildly different from their G1 cartoon counterparts. I've been wondering about what these guys would sound like if this were animated or an audio book or something.

and since I'm sure I'm not the only person who imagines their voices (or some of you may act out voices when you read aloud ) I feel like asking, what voices (specific voice actor or general idea, or whatever) you guys hear for the characters in IDW's various series.

I'll post my ideas later, once I've sorted them out.

My own or G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post

THAT. IS. F'ING. HILARIOUS!!!!

From now on, THAT is totally Swerve's voice in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Recently I've gotten into Reading the IDW Transformers comics (Well MTMTE anyway)

now having never seen G1 (go ahead burn me) and seeing as how from what I've heard some of the characters in the current IDW series are wildly different from their G1 cartoon counterparts. I've been wondering about what these guys would sound like if this were animated or an audio book or something.

Well, first of all - you haven't seen G1!?! BURN

Secondly, to answer your question, I tend to hear their cartoon voices, IF they were in the cartoon. Ultra Magnus, Rodimus & Red Alert in particular as they had distinctive voices and/or speech patterns. Pipes always kinda sounded like Ray Romano to me, Fort Max had like 2 lines in the G1 western cartoon but I still hear that big gruff booming voice.

Many of the characters though were either never in the cartoon (like Jackpot & Whirl) or were in the cartoon but didn't get a line (like Swerve and Tailgate). So with them it tends to be just my own inner voice (which is weird enough that all the other voices in my head fled long ago from the constant verbal abuse and low-brow taunts my own head voice threw at them ).

that really was well done.

Myself I probably hear a mix of G1, my own voice and some more recent media (prime and computer games) voices.
    Especially for Metroplex and other titans (game voice)
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Kup's voice sounds just like mike from breaking bad in my head

Down to the use of 'kid' at the end of sentences

Optimus, Rodimus, Megs, Starscream, Soundwave, The Dinobots, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Astrotrain, Cyclonus, Scourge, Galvatron (Frank Welker) and any others that I remember are G1 because I can remember the more iconic voices.

Unfortunately there are a ton I can't remember like Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Season 2 Seekers. If I could recall them they would be G1 but my mind keeps making generic Transformer voices.

Ratchet is cranky old TFA Ratchet.

Arcee is a psycho version of Prime Arcee, I don't think G1 Arcee fits the IDW character at all.

Sentinel Prime is Leonard Nimoy.

Then there are the guys that have never had voices like Metal Hawk and Circuit that I normally end up with a unique voice in my head.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm going a bit far when reading the comics and should get some help.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Everyone sounds like Carol Channing to me.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

HAHA nice

when I read beast wars the gathering / the ascending I hear Razorbeast with the same voice as Breakaway from the ROTF game (not sure what his name is)

and Tarn I hear with David Kaye's megatron voice or his Khyber voice from Ben 10 Omniverse