Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mp 05 megatron reissue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default mp 05 megatron reissue

wonder if its the same size as the first or small now to match mp 10 ?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...13&mode=retail

Check out that price! Sure went up over the years. Damn!

12 inches so it would be compatible size now with MP 10. Note that they have now specified in the description - Australian government and Australian Customs can confiscate this item so importing will be of your own risk. Orange tip barrel or not, there is no provision in our law here for such modification - if it's a replica gun - toy or not - it's a gun so yeah only chance we may have is you go buy it overseas, and bring it yourself in when you come back, in Bot mode most likely. And even that isn't a guarantee.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    12 inches so it would be compatible size now with MP 10. Note that they have now specified in the description - Australian government and Australian Customs can confiscate this item so importing will be of your own risk. Orange tip barrel or not, there is no provision in our law here for such modification - if it's a replica gun - toy or not - it's a gun so yeah only chance we may have is you go buy it overseas, and bring it yourself in when you come back, in Bot mode most likely. And even that isn't a guarantee.
    Unless you live in Qld and apply for a non firing replica permit, in which case customs will release it. Probably safer to buy it from a Aus buyer
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Unless you live in Qld and apply for a non firing replica permit, in which case customs will release it. Probably safer to buy it from a Aus buyer
    I have one I am wanting to sell, has a slight case of the "cosmic rust" these are known for but still has original box and accessories all in good condition,ex Perth. Pm me if interested prefer pickup but will accept paypal and post. Not sure about how laws regarding this figure apply for interstate Australia

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Check out that price! Sure went up over the years. Damn!
    Still I think this is the first re-run in the very long time of MP-05 (I think there was a re-run shortly after the original release?) so its a great opportunity for those who don't own him to obtain one.

If the third-party revolution has proven anything it's that collectors are willing to pay a huge premium for G1-esque figures. TT are reaping the whirlwind!

MP Megtron had a second run a little while back, so I think this could just be BBTS getting their hands on some limited stock from an Asian source. Which could explain the higher price (getting it from another business), and why it hasn't been noted as being a reissue from other online stores.

Megatran Guest

Is it a BBTS exclusive? That's a mega price for a mega bad ass dude. So, I'm also taking it to mean the orange barrel plug will interfere with 3rd party silencer add-on?

My Decepticon army is without it's true leader... I so want one, legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Is it a BBTS exclusive? That's a mega price for a mega bad ass dude. So, I'm also taking it to mean the orange barrel plug will interfere with 3rd party silencer add-on?

My Decepticon army is without it's true leader... I so want one, legally.
    you can remove the plug once you get it... just don't have it in gun form in public.