Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mp 05 megatron reissue

Didn't think i'd be seeing this mold again 6 years later. I suppose with Prime being revamped & rereleased, Megatron was inevitable. Although the scale may deter some fans.

MP Megtron had a second run a little while back, so I think this could just be BBTS getting their hands on some limited stock from an Asian source. Which could explain the higher price (getting it from another business), and why it hasn't been noted as being a reissue from other online stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Although the scale may deter some fans.
    It has deterred me. So did the price. So did weapons laws.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

If anyone's unsure about the legal status or procedures for ownership of replica gun Transformers in their state/territory, you can refer to the Megatron Gun Club for further information.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    12 inches so it would be compatible size now with MP 10. Note that they have now specified in the description - Australian government and Australian Customs can confiscate this item so importing will be of your own risk. Orange tip barrel or not, there is no provision in our law here for such modification - if it's a replica gun - toy or not - it's a gun so yeah only chance we may have is you go buy it overseas, and bring it yourself in when you come back, in Bot mode most likely. And even that isn't a guarantee.
    Unless you live in Qld and apply for a non firing replica permit, in which case customs will release it. Probably safer to buy it from a Aus buyer
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I just measured my MP Megs. Same size.
    So that means is still wont look scaled with mp-10.

Correct, it is same height as MP1

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Unless you live in Qld and apply for a non firing replica permit, in which case customs will release it. Probably safer to buy it from a Aus buyer
    I have one I am wanting to sell, has a slight case of the "cosmic rust" these are known for but still has original box and accessories all in good condition,ex Perth. Pm me if interested prefer pickup but will accept paypal and post. Not sure about how laws regarding this figure apply for interstate Australia

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If anyone's unsure about the legal status or procedures for ownership of replica gun Transformers in their state/territory, you can refer to the Megatron Gun Club for further information.
    Thanks GoktimusPrime. Saved me the time of posting the question on this forum.

I trawled through the link. As I understand it, replica guns is not legal in my state of VIC. Moving interstate to live is a bit too much to ask for an MP-05.

Actually Megatran, the laws in Victoria changed in 2011. Have a look at the links in post 2 of this thread:

http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11667

It's still a fair task to go through, and I suspect that if you were to import one, it would still have to go through customs (who may be heavy handed in their inspection) and you'd need to apply for its release, but it is totally legal to own any of the gunformers, provided you have the chief commissioner's permission to own "imitation" (distinct from "replica") firearms.