Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Boxes, keep or throw out?

I usually ditch the packaging unless the toy can be put back in it and still looks reasonably good. As such, I usually keep more Takara packaging than Hasbro.

Card backs get thrown, unless they're really pretty I keep a few around. Boxes - it depends. MPs - yes, regular Hasbro releases - generations et al... I just read all the bios and then chuck 'em - the packaging as well the plastic parts are recyclable now so it's placed in the recyclable bin so I guess it's not so much of a waste. As for 3rd party stuff I usually keep most of 'em. I've gone sometime with a little purging as there's only so much space the cabinets can accommodate - boxes wise, and it's usually the Hasbro packaging that gets chucked.

I've made the mistake of chucking some old G1 boxes before - Pretenders/Micromasters to be exact... wasn't aware then that there is a market for it. So any recent acquired G1s with box I keep the box, until I've decided to purge them off as well - but these Ill most likely sell. Haven't done so, so far.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I throw out most boxes into the recycling bin. If I decide to keep the box, then it's often flattened (and I throw out the tray). I'm increasingly running out of space to keep unflattened boxes.

That's something I should do with my boxes - flatten them, its coz I keep the inner trays and stuff as well in the ones I do keep. ... would make so much more space if I did....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

If it's a Takara box I keep automatically, if it's Hasbro it has to be something awesome to get me to keep it.

If you live in a house store your "unwanted" boxes in the roof instead of binning them. My brother and I were talking recently and said imagine the worth of G1 boxes just put into land fill!! As a massive box collector I know their value. Its hard to find a sought after item like the box for G1 Bluestreak, and if you could find it you could pay up to $100 for it on it's own!!
    I keep every box but am lucky enough to have the space in the house and haven't put any in the roof space yet

Thanks for all the input people!

Used to try to at least keep the card backs but even that is getting too ridiculous with the limited space I have now. No roof top storage and even the balcony is stacked with boxes already.

Guess I just have to make a decision and go with that!

If it's not practical, then it's not practical. when it comes down to it, keeping the boxes is a bit of a luxury. perhaps conider taking photos prior to throwing out, or offering them up for sale here, some people might want one or two. alternatively, get rid of some instructions. most of them can be found online these days.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I keep all G1 reissue boxes for my own nostalgia. As for all other boxes they get cut up and thrown into the bin. I just think the style of the G1 boxes, old and reissue just look cool.

Having said that, if I had the room I might hold onto some Generations boxes if I thought they'd be worth something oneday but I've got to be picky with what I keep at this stage because of room restraints...