Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was thinking maybe Ozformers as a group needs to buy one and use it as a junker to fix all the others..?!?
    I guess buying one of the Hasbro short-stack versions for parts would be the most viable option at the moment? Maybe make up a list like so?

Head lights (2)
    Paulbot x 1

Right thumb (1)

Left thumb (1)

Front wheels (2)

Back wheels (4)

That's pretty worrying Paulbot. I have yet to transform mine so I have to look at it when I get home.

I opened mine today and it all looked fine... until I started transforming it.

One of the headlights is completely missing:

The legs are also incredibly stiff to transform but I don't know if this is a QC problem or not, but I'm hesitant to use excessive force(tm) I think my Hasbro Prime has the same issue.

I can't be bothered packing it all up again and taking it back when there are none others to replace it with. Prime looks fine in robot mode so I'll leave him like that.

I was thinking maybe Ozformers as a group needs to buy one and use it as a junker to fix all the others..?!?
    oh oh..got to double check my figure now

Can't you find any at any Target store anymore Paul? You should be able to exchange it at any Target store, especially if you still have the receipt. I've done that before, just because I didn't want to travel all the way back to the store of purchase.

if you're going to do the exchange, do it with mine. Mine has crappy paint apps.. I haven't checked if its complete or not though.
    Otherwise I can't be bothered to lugg that heavy thing around

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Can someone please tell me how you're supposed to remove one of the wheels off of prime? Seems to be on there permanantly.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Can't you find any at any Target store anymore Paul? You should be able to exchange it at any Target store, especially if you still have the receipt. I've done that before, just because I didn't want to travel all the way back to the store of purchase.
    I probably could but I can live with it, and maybe someone customising a MP Prime might have one to spare.

The problem with the fault I had is that you can't see it without pulling the toy completely out of the packaging. I opened the box checked thumbs, accessories, working chest light, wheels all looked fine so I left the shopping centre. Even pulled out and playing with it I didn't notice until the transformation.

Because it looks fine in Robot mode which is the better mode IMHO, I'm happy not to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by darockk View Post
    Can someone please tell me how you're supposed to remove one of the wheels off of prime? Seems to be on there permanantly.
    Why do you want to?

I probably could but I can live with it, and maybe someone customising a MP Prime might have one to spare.

The problem with the fault I had is that you can't see it without pulling the toy completely out of the packaging. I opened the box checked thumbs, accessories, working chest light, wheels all looked fine so I left the shopping centre. Even pulled out and playing with it I didn't notice until the transformation.

Because it looks fine in Robot mode which is the better mode IMHO, I'm happy not to swap.

Why do you want to?
    If I see any of the mold releases as a junker at the fair I will buy it for you. I think I saw one last time but I am unsure. It was the pink DVD Prime (which I hate ) would have the part although I may need to paint it a brick red so it fits properly with MP-1.

Between Greenscream's far-too-soft plastic and the littany of errors and defects in MP-04, the Masterspiece line is failing to live up to it's name. If I spent $180-200 and found my toy was straight out defective, I'd be shattered

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yep, I still believe that the first MP was the best ever released, and the 2nd one the next best. Everything after was pure balls. In a way I really hope that the next one is not Grimlock. They should do ultramagnus with trailer/armor.
    ________
    Herbalaire vaporizer
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:18 AM.