Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDW - life after Dark Cybertron

SPOILERS PEOPLE.

YOU

HAVE

BEEN

WARNED!!!

Looks like the three teaser images are from the covers of the three comics in April... and the Incentive issues combine together.

RID is focusing on Earth, while the new Windblade series is focusing on Cybertron, leaving MTMTE to continue exploring space on the Lost Light with a new "Autobot" in command.

TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #28: DAWN OF THE AUTOBOTS

John Barber (w), Andrew Griffith (a), Casey W. Coller (c), Andrew Griffith (vc), Livio Ramondelli (vc).

EARTHFALL! The AUTOBOTS return to Earth--with OPTIMUS PRIME in command! But what brought them back--and what terrifying secret do the humans hold? A bold new era begins here!

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #28: DAWN OF THE AUTOBOTS

James Roberts (w), Alex Milne (a), Casey W. Coller (c), Livio Ramondelli (vc), Alex Milne (vc).

CERTAIN DEATH, HERE WE COME! MEGATRON assumes control of the quest to find the Knights of Cybertron--a quest that has never before been so urgent, so personal, and so likely to end in tears. An incredulous Lost Light crew is left asking the same thing you are: how exactly did it come to this?

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS: WINDBLADE #1: DAWN OF THE AUTOBOTS

Mairghread Scott (w), Sarah Stone (a), Casey W. Coller (c), Sarah Stone (vc).

WHO IS WINDBLADE? In the aftermath of DARK CYBERTRON, WINDBLADE takes the planet by storm! But where did she come from--and what does her secret mean to the future of the TRANSFORMERS? A powerful new chapter in the TRANSFORMERS saga begins here!

Default Insert What Where?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like the three teaser images are from the covers of the three comics in April... and the Incentive issues combine together.
    Funny. On Wednesday, I was looking at the teaser images and thought 'maybe they're a single poster chopped in pieces and can be put together once all revealed'.

Ah crap! Wish I hadn't read that about MTMTE - but I was warned so my own fault.

Yeah, I was afraid from the cover of the 3rd comic that Earth was coming back into the picture. Sigh, its been a great few years without damn humans being involved

I don't mind some 'spoilers' for after Dark Cybertron since I can't wait for Dark Cybertron to be over and for season 2 of MTMTE to start, and I don't think MTMTE is spoilt since that story is basically on hold anyway until the crossover is done.

Look at Marvel, they've announced Peter Parker's return in April before Amazing Spider-man 2 starts screening.

The return to Earth in RID is part marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro asked for it with TF4 due to start screening in June.

Not happy with a return to status quo, with Prime in charge on Earth after the Autobots leave Cybertron, exactly where we were at the beginning of the ongoing written by Costa.

Part of the reason that the dual series have been so successful is due to their focus on the transformers as characters rather than how they react and adapt to humans and the earth.

MtMtE sounds intriguing, I get a Drift vibe from Windblade, the blurb screams " everyone look at me I'm super important!" But I hope it is just a bad blurb. RiD looks likely to be worse than it was, which means I'll happily drop it if it continues to be boring.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Two other fembots mentioned in the update to that link above - Chromia and Nautica.
    Looks like we could see a number of new fembot characters introduced... either spawning more toys, or more fan-made toys.

The header across all three series intrigues me as well.

Also under Windblade is a Titan in City/ship mode. Not sure if it is Metroplex or not but I'd wager it is (Alpha Trion to return then with the fembots?)

No mention of Rodimus or Magnus in the MtMtE synopsis so either they are dead or not on the Lost Light. Surely they would not take Meg's as leader well?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    We are halfway through and learnt next to nothing, bar that issues missing a MtMtE sequence or three is noticeably awful and that Shockwave is a Bond villain.

It could all turn around but so far it feels like a comic to sell toys rather than a comic featuring toys.
    Okay thanks for your thoughts. I may wait for some reviews before I decide whether to buy the Dark Cybertron TPB then....

Yeah Dark Cybertron is dull and uninteresting. It does seem as if it is imposed rather than a free creative effort like the previous MTMTE runs and even RID despite not being very good.

I just hope it ends soon enough and that not much damage comes as a result so we can go back to regular MTMTE quality writing. Before MTMTE issues at Kings sold out within a day, apparently after Dark Cybertron, the issues remain for weeks.