Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6162122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Soundwave available online at TRU.com.au

I hope you get an appropriate response from TRU re the damaged box. I know if I got such a box I would kick up a sting.

Let us know what is the end result

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    While ordering I though it would take longer to get to me. I didn't realise they sent by courier when I ordered.

I thought they would just put it in the post in a box. So with that and what I would assume would be a bulk business discount with the postal services, I thought $10-15 sounded about right.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is it just box damage? Honestly if is just that, I wouldn't be worried. Unless your intent was to AFA grade it.

TRU might waive the shipping fee. Unsure you want to return it for a refund.

Not many people get excellent condition boxes, I would think you have to grab one from the stores before it reached the shelf as they do the security tie which crisp the box anyway.

I have a few dings with mine and is like 5 km from the TRU store. Can't be helped. I have chucked my box one side.
    Last edited by drifand; 14th November 2013 at 12:11 PM.

It's not just AFA collectors that are particular about the packaging. Personally, if I were paying a premium for a just-released collectable, I would want it to be case fresh as well, not looking like it was sitting on the store shelves for 12 months. That's not an unreasonable expectation.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's not just AFA collectors that are particular about the packaging. Personally, if I were paying a premium for a just-released collectable, I would want it to be case fresh as well, not looking like it was sitting on the store shelves for 12 months. That's not an unreasonable expectation.
    I understand, however.......you have to make a choice of owning one or giving up one at the moment. Even if they compensate it wouldn't be much, as they would ask you to return and get a refund which will end up not owning one.

so I've been away from the forums for some time now doing a reno on our apartment took up all my time.

I pretty much gave up on hunting at retail because I wasnt getting any Prime line toys and no WFC for me either. Though today was at the TRU in Moore Park with my son killing time and found 3 MP Soundwaves with all five cassettes. there were three, now only two left, for $149.

also...there were also two Titan Metroplexes and a couple bruticus, grimlock box sets. I already had Metro, and was eyeing the Grimlock, but think the Bruticus is fugly so I passed.

figured this should go in this thread as it's more relevant to MP SW.

probably old news but thought I would share anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't disagree per se, but TRU are probably more geared towards selling to parents who are buying for children and see the packaging as nothing more than rubbish. I once had a TRU manager explicitly tell me that toy packaging is "just rubbish." That's how little they understand about collectors.

That's because they are a toy store, not a collectors toy's store so there is a difference REGARDLESS MP is a collector's piece. I would whinge about it but end of the day you gotten one where many missed out.

Simply put if those collector's toy shops in hk sell items damaged like these they would be out of business. TRU is not such a store.

hmmmm..... the recent platinum edition transformers lines really have pretty boxes, hence if some TRU retailer tells me, it is just a box, I think then toys should be shipped in its natural toy form... ha ha ha...

one man's rubbish is another man's treasure...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't disagree per se, but TRU are probably more geared towards selling to parents who are buying for children and see the packaging as nothing more than rubbish. I once had a TRU manager explicitly tell me that toy packaging is "just rubbish." That's how little they understand about collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One store manager's opinion does not (fortunately) reflect the intentions of Head Office, who have buying staff there acquiring certain items aimed at Collectors.
    If you hear one talk like that again, politely tell them to speak to the product manager at the Head Office about how much "rubbish" that item means to TRU.

The toy was shipped in its natural form, a brown box holding two.
    On top of this the ones I managed to saw on reserved were all secured with the security wrap tag thus spoiling the box "anyway'.

If they respected the product, it should have padded protection when shipped, but there wasn't any at all.