Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Function-X4: Look.At.Me - Mindwipe

^ditto

These 3rd party companies are sending me broke

And I'm trying to get out of classics collecting...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So far every entry in this series has been total win in terms of quality, sculpt, and transformation joy, words fail me with this series, they are just soo good so far.

So I cannot wait for this guy to come out, forget finishing Feral Rex, or getting Fanstoy Swoop, this is now my most anticipated toy.

Note to FP make more of these, and faster, and then no the Horrorcons and Targetmaster please.
    They went the other way and went with the current trend - Dinobots. But I'm pretty sure they're offering would be awesome.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

In love with that bat-mode. So evil. Glad they didn't go with G1-brown.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Blah. ROTF Mindwipe leaves this thing for dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    ROTF Mindwipe while nice is a fail. Not a Bat or Headmaster..Or looks like him.

But still cool
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Its too bad headrobots really take a long time to release anything as their upgrade kit made rotf mindwipe redeeming
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The toy was cool but it was pretty much a nameslap. Not really a good representation of the G1 character.
    I really loved the ROTF Mindwipe, a brilliant design in a fantastic Alt Mode and fit the Movie Universe to a T in my mind.

This Mindwipe looks to be a brilliant modernisation of the original headmaster concept. I haven't seen quad U yet but the other 2 from this line have been surprisingly impressive. I don't even collect many unofficial transformers products.

I wonder if the Hasbro offering of an official headmaster(as seen at Botcon) will effect the overall sales of this guy?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I wonder if the Hasbro offering of an official headmaster(as seen at Botcon) will effect the overall sales of this guy?
    It never really has unless the 3P ends up being crap which given the high standards track record of this line, I highly doubt it.

However it does work like that the other way around too. If Hasbro makes a crap toy, fans tend to ignore and flock to the 3P although Hasbro would always make their numbers in store sales so it is of less impact than an badly received 3P.

I don't have access to the pics I took at Botcon but you get the general idea below:

And this guy does look very good. it's a question of whether this is a one off effort or if it's the start of something more longer lasting.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I like that the headmaster head mode is new but the robot mode is very G1. Also glad his release falls alongside MOTUC Intergalactic Skeletor, pile of loot will hopefully reduce the shipping burden of that from BBTS.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't have access to the pics I took at Botcon but you get the general idea below:

And this guy does look very good. it's a question of whether this is a one off effort or if it's the start of something more longer lasting.
    Hasbro is not really consistent so who knows.

Looking at it again, i hope there's enough space on his chest for a Decepticon symbol sticker... looks like it could be a tight fit.