Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would be the 5 biggest Transformers toy moulds?

Question Which would be the 5 biggest Transformers toy moulds?

A question just crossed my mind. Metroplex and Fort Max are the two biggest unique molds in Transformers, what are the next 3 biggest molds making a 5 biggest Transformers list?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    A question just crossed my mind. Metroplex and Fort Max are the two biggest unique molds in Transformers, what are the next 3 biggest molds making a 5 biggest Transformers list?
    Supreme Starscream would have to be in there

Ultimate Movie Prime or Jetwing Optimus?
    Unicron Generations xxth anniversary?

Off the top of my head
    Unicron, Supreme Class Starscream, Energon Omega, Primus
    BM Supreme Cheetor also gets a mention for being one of the tallest

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Ultimate Movie Prime or Jetwing Optimus?
    Unicron Generations xxth anniversary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Off the top of my head
    Unicron, Supreme Class Starscream, Energon Omega, Primus
    BM Supreme Cheetor also gets a mention for being one of the tallest
    I guess it depends on how you measure "big". Primus is certainly taller than the 2 Primes you mentioned, and bulkier, but the Primes, especially Ultimate, have massive wingspans.

The other thing is... toys like Supreme Class Cheetor and Starscream are essentially oversized Deluxe and Voyager respectively, but toys like Generations Metroplex and Fortress Maximus better justify their size because aside from being transformable action figures, they're also transformable playsets for other Transformers. Supreme Class Cheetor and Starscream just don't do that. IMO Deluxe Class Night Slash Cheetor is actually a much superior toy over Supreme Class, and Voyager Class Cybertron Starscream is pretty much just as good as the Supreme Class. Fortress Maximus Jr. on the other hand, while able to transform from robot to battleship mode pretty much the same as regular Fortress Maximus, just doesn't have a lot of the cool interactive playset features (e.g. ramps, deployers, lift, prison cell, cockpit etc.). The same could be said for a lot of "Playsetformers" (e.g. G1 Metroplex, Trypticon, Star Convoy et al.). These toys are always cooler than simply taking a smaller toy (or what could be a smaller toy) and upsizing it for no apparent reason (other than wanting to sell it at a higher price point).

BM Nightscream could've been a much cooler toy if it were a Deluxe or Mega at most. But as an Ultra he just sucks. The only main loss if they'd downsized him would be the electronic gimmick... but I'd rather have a good smaller toy with no electronic gimmick than a larger crappy toy that lights up.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I guess it depends on how you measure "big". Primus is certainly taller than the 2 Primes you mentioned, and bulkier, but the Primes, especially Ultimate, have massive wingspans.
    I think any list of biggest TF's is open to debate thanks to height vs bulk. But anyway going by Sinner's response I'm guessing in it goes Metroplex, Fort Max, Unicron, Starscream, Omega Supreme, Primus.

I don't own all of them so it is surprising that Primus is one of the biggest at #6. I always thought he was more on the small side of big guys since my Max and Metroplex are so much bigger.

I was going to suggest Trypticon or Scorponok but I think they might be in the top ten after reading the above few posts. Even Leader Movie Starscream and Prime were pretty tall.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I guess it depends on how you measure "big".
    Very true. That's an entirely different can of worms in itself.
    On one hand you have Metro who is taller, but weighs less than Fort; 2.7kg vs 3.5kg, IIRC.

Hmmmm, I'd guess Armada Unicron, Energon/YOTS Omega Supreme and Cybertron Starscream & Primus. At least they are the next biggest ones in my collection