Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Representing a country that is not often associated with Transformers traditionally, Polish collector Marcin Starzomski gives us his account of how Transformers found their way into his life. Not quite early Generation 1 or modern era, Marcin’s history is somewhat different to many and so are his opinions on what some would consider the current golden age of Transformers collecting and fiction. With vintage, custom, 3D-printed and KO Transformers standing side by side, this is a very special and unusual collection, equal parts nostalgic and progressive.

Collector Interview 36 – Marcin Starzomski | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Hey Maz...

Cool article as usual bud, I particularly like Marcins last quote about the difference between a hoarder and a collector..... How very true!

Awesome interview... sadly another Bay hater. I know the movies werent the best (I did enjoy them for a check your brain at the door movie) I just dont get the hatred towards him. Oh well...

Is it wrong for me to say (self promotion ) that I would love to be interviewed and share my collection with other fans

Default Is This The Golden Age?

Is this the golden age of Transformers? While it's tempting to look at years gone past and recall the good old days, we might actually be better off as fans and collectors now than we ever have been. If we consider the toys that are available to us, to our children, the new media we have access to and the people who we can share it with, have we ever had it so good? If someone stepped into the hobby today, would they be missing out particularly on the treasures of the past in terms of community atmosphere, events or toys?

Is This The Golden Age? | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

I want my collection room to look like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    The Golden Age of Transformers collecting, sure. But what about people who buy TFs (for their kids) to play with? How can we find out if today's kids are enjoying the toys in the same way that we enjoyed them in our childhoods?

After all, they'll be the collectors of the future and the toys that they fall in love with today will be the ones that they'll be nostalgic for in the future.

being wanting to tell someone this after I saw and heard Maz for the first time on the TFYLP cast, he looks and sounds like a young Ringo Starr haha
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Default Club Rules

One of the nicest discoveries I’ve made since embracing modern Transformers lines in recent years are the Transformers Collector’s Club exclusives. Not all of them have appealed to me, but since finding some deluxe class gems in the Revenge of the Fallen, Animated, Prime and Beast Hunters lines, and then completing the repaint list for each, I’ve come to appreciate their TFCC counterparts. Last year, Matt posted an article on his top 10 TFCC figures, now I’m going to share my favourites. While this might be something of a touchy subject with unfortunate timing due to issues with BotCon registration currently, I am focusing purely on the toys.

Club Rules | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

I like a lot of the TCC toys, but they are so expensive! First you need to pay for a subscription, then a very expensive price plus shipping.

I would so that Chromedome and the new Orion Pax remoulds (Nova Prime and Lio/Leo Convoy/Prime)

Nice read by the way
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I like a lot of the TCC toys, but they are so expensive! First you need to pay for a subscription, then a very expensive price plus shipping.

I would so that Chromedome and the new Orion Pax remoulds (Nova Prime and Lio/Leo Convoy/Prime)

Nice read by the way
    Chimungmung is selling him mate.

Lio Convoy

http://chimungmung.com/product_info....oducts_id=2362
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]