Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your TF collecting goals for 2014

What are your goals for 2014?

I've never really thought about goals for collecting. I guess I will try to limit my spending on movie-verse toys (repeating the mantra "I DON'T need them all"), and limit spending on third party toys that are not worth the money.

2. What is your most anticipated figure of 2014?

MP Ultra Magnus. Hope he doesn't break the bank!

3. What would you like to see in the Thrilling 30 line?

An MP Megatron that somehow manages to: 1. be G1 accurate, 2. scale to MP-10, and 3. bypass restrictions with respect to gun laws. I hold little hope.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    2. What is your most anticipated figure of 2014?

MP Ultra Magnus. Hope he doesn't break the bank!
    I'm seriously considering skipping TakTOM Ultra Magnus and waiting for the Hasbro version. There shouldn't be any licensing issue w/ Freightliner since they were able to release Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    3. What would you like to see in the Thrilling 30 line?

An MP Megatron that somehow manages to: 1. be G1 accurate, 2. scale to MP-10, and 3. bypass restrictions with respect to gun laws. I hold little hope.
    Doesn't Victoria now have the same (or similar) system as NSW where you can own a replica firearm with a permit?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Okay, I've decided that this year I'm gonna try and complete my "personal G1" collection, i.e. complete it to a point where, as far as I'm concerned, it's effectively complete. A complete Hasbro collection comprises of 450 figures, of which I have 406, so my Hasbro G1 collection is 90% complete (which is not bad considering my personal collecting method ). Of the 10% that I'm missing, a lot of it is stuff I really don't care enough about to want to hunt down, let alone pay a premium price for (e.g. Action Masters, Action Master Elites, Hasbro Overlord etc.).
    Would you buy the 'don't care enough' US G1 toys if you find them reasonably cheap at the Parra Fair? Weird to be so close to the finish line of completing US G1 and not go those last few extra steps.

I'm seriously considering skipping TakTOM Ultra Magnus and waiting for the Hasbro version. There shouldn't be any licensing issue w/ Freightliner since they were able to release Optimus Prime.
    Not sure I'll take the risk if he's not released by Hasbro and then have to pay aftermarket prices on the Takara version. It's not likely the Hasbro version will come with more than Takara's like MP Soundwave did, so all I'd be saving is money.

Doesn't Victoria now have the same (or similar) system as NSW where you can own a replica firearm with a permit?
    I'm not sure about the Victorian laws. I guess I'm saying I would love to own an MP Megs without the need for a permit of any type. Not much chance, I know.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

yes but Optimus is super Iconic, as is Soundwave.

Licence issues or not, we're yet to hear anything about any of the masterpiece cars turning up in the Hasbro market. MP-02 was quite the shelfwarmer, granted a proper MP Magnus is so much more awesome. i don't think I'll be happy to risk MP Magnus not turning up in the Hasbro market to skip out on the Takara version.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My goals for 2014 has been formulated to quite a minute degree (which I won't spell out here for fear of boring you guys).

What I can say is that I am sick of having such a large collection and will massively downsize - perhaps to 300-400 figures tops. After 15 years of collecting, I woke up one morning early this year to realise that I've already gotten "all the ones I missed out as a kid". Gotten them long long ago, many many times over (eg: for things like Dinobots, i have 5 complete sets; G1-cars, i have at least 3 complete sets, not including reissues).

As a result of this aim, lots and lots of pieces that a collector would consider as grails or jewels are potentially on the cutting room floor - basically, anything that didn't hold meaning for a 9 year old me will eventually be sold.

I have already almost finished culling CHUG and 3P items and all MPs before MP-10.

Next comes G1 Japanese and the carnage has already began....................

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Would you buy the 'don't care enough' US G1 toys if you find them reasonably cheap at the Parra Fair? Weird to be so close to the finish line of completing US G1 and not go those last few extra steps.
    Oh yeah, I would totally get them if I found them cheap enough. So in terms of my "non-essential" G1 stuff, I'm willing to continue being completely opportunistic about it (i.e. if the opportunity to buy them at a cheap price presents itself, I'll take it - but otherwise I'm willing to continue not having them).

But there are four G1 toys that I consider "essential" enough that I'm willing to make more of an active effort to hunt down this year. I've already tracked down two of them... two more to and my "essential" G1 collection will be complete.

I'm sure that's a sale that a lot of people will be keen to jump on HD!

Myself, i would like to have just *one* of the toys from a collection like yours.

I don't know which one... and know i won't want to pay what it costs, but i would like just one!

Oh yeah, I would totally get them if I found them cheap enough. So in terms of my "non-essential" G1 stuff, I'm willing to continue being completely opportunistic about it (i.e. if the opportunity to buy them at a cheap price presents itself, I'll take it - but otherwise I'm willing to continue not having them).

But there are four G1 toys that I consider "essential" enough that I'm willing to make more of an active effort to hunt down this year. I've already tracked down two of them... two more to and my "essential" G1 collection will be complete.
    Which are the 2 you're still looking for?

Stopping and selling of the bulk of my collection