Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm!

Default Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...nstorm-179261/

Still no hasbro starscream. Maybe they are saving the best for last? but seriously they should have done skywarp by now...

This is very cool news! I held off on getting the Takara version for this very reason

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...nstorm-179261/

Still no hasbro starscream. Maybe they are saving the best for last? but seriously they should have done skywarp by now...
    Sorry but you already have gotten Starscream. It's just that they made him with the MP-03 mold.

Unfortunately Hasbro goes back and redoes figures that have already been released less often than Takara. That said I'm getting impatient waiting for version 2 of MP Skywarp and Thundercracker from Takara.

I'd like to see either Hasbro or TakaraTOMY release an MP Bitstream so that my MP Rainmaker collection will be complete. (as far as I'm concerned Sunstorm is the yellow Rainmaker )

Hasbro could probably get away with doing another Starscream, using the modified MP11 mould (due to it being an iconic character and being several years since the other one), but may not release another Skywarp for a while, if at all.
    Acid Storm did surprisingly well, and if Sunstorm does just as well, we could very well see more colour versions.

Name - - - - - - US - - - JP
    MP03 version
    Starscream........yes........yes (green)*
    Skywarp............yes........yes
    Thundercracker...no.........yes
    Ghost SS...........no.........yes

MP11 version
    Starscream.........no.........yes
    Skywarp.............no..........no
    Thundercracker....yes........no
    Sunstorm............soon......yes
    Acidstorm............yes.......no*

*Starscream Hasbro white (MP03) version imported to TRU Japan.
    *Acidstorm Hasbro (MP11) version was supposed to be imported to TRU Japan - but cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    *Acidstorm Hasbro (MP11) version was supposed to be imported to TRU Japan - but cancelled?
    From what I heard it got released in in December with no fan fair. Don't know if it sold out or shelf warmed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd like to see either Hasbro or TakaraTOMY release an MP Bitstream so that my MP Rainmaker collection will be complete. (as far as I'm concerned Sunstorm is the yellow Rainmaker )
    No, Bitstream, Hotlink and Sunstorm are clearly different than the Rainmakers. At least thats how I feel on the issue. So when the 3 got released as The Rainmakers last year at Botcon I was like WTF?

Still waiting for 3 Neon coloured Rainmakers from the Classics Seeker Mold Hasbro/Takara/FunPub.

Yeah, nah. I have enough seekers. You can only fork out $100+ for the same mould in different colours so many times (6 times in my case) before you're over it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    From what I heard it got released in in December with no fan fair. Don't know if it sold out or shelf warmed.
    I'm still trying to find evidence that it did end up getting released... and if it did, was there anything stuck onto the packaging to say MP-11A (for Acidstorm).

If it doesn't have something saying MP-11A, then it doesn't count as a "TakaraTomy Masterpiece" release... and even if it does have a label on it, it is still borderline. (a bit like calling the Ghost Starscream a Hasbro release, just because it showed up at our TRU stores)

I think they'd do a red one... if it wasn't a really obscure background Seeker - because it is a major colour that hasn't been used with that mould before.