Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Dark Spark - Video Game (USA-24/6 - AUS-26/6)

I wish I had time to play games Never finished FoC.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The game is apparently being done by a company called "Edge of Reality"...

High Moon Studios, who developed Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, is not developing Rise of the Dark Spark. Edge of Reality, who previously worked on the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age: Origins, are developing Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark and the game will be available for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii U, and 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    i was happy when i heard that. It gives me a glimer of hope that HMS could still be making a full and true successor to FoC. And this game is a movie side-thing trying to levèrage off what HMS has done so far.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    i was happy when i heard that. It gives me a glimer of hope that HMS could still be making a full and true successor to FoC. And this game is a movie side-thing trying to levèrage off what HMS has done so far.
    If movie crap is just multiplayer skins, I am cool with that. If it takes over the single player campaign, then I may buy it if I see it for $2 on a future steam sale.

At first I was 'Wait a minute, Bioware made Mass Effect and Dragon Age, wtf?' but then I looked it up and Edge of Reality haven't actually made much. They specialize in porting other company's games into different platforms. They ported the ME and DA games to PS3 for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Reality

Rise Of The Dark Spark sounds like a parody mash-up name for a Transformers product.

I did a tiny analysis of the games preview trailer. It does contain spoilers in a sense though, so if you're not wanting to know things from previous games etc. (Nothing major). You might not want to look

Edge of Reality, who previously worked on the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age: Origins,
    I'd hardly classify a port job of the 5 year old Xbox 360 version of the first Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins as actually "worked" on a franchise. A port job is a massive difference from writing, designing, recording, producing art and coding a game. I hope HMS's remaining team is working on a sequel to FOC. Since what we have seen of ROTDS has the Transformers on Cybertron it's obviously a prequel side story.

On the upside the 3DS/Handheld version is being developed by Wayforward Games and will apparently be a strategy RPG. If its more strategy than RPG it could be way up my alley!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    HMS had two teams. The team that made WFC and FOC and the team that made DOTM and Deadpool. The second team, the one that made Deadpool has been laid off. The first team, the one that made WFC and FOC is working on something that hasn't been announced. Also Activision owns HMS, they just get their marching orders from Activision and have to go with it.
    Good to know. Still that makes no difference to my opinion of them and how they handled the license.

Press release with screenshots and some US Retail prices.

PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS, and Xbox 360. They are priced at $59.99, $49.99, $29.99, and $49.99 respectively.

The release date of 6/24/2014 is also listed - just three days before the release of the movie itself.
    Wii U version has been found on Target.com - priced at $49.99 and releasing on the same day as the other versions.
    Some key points from the press release are as follows:

• "Over 40 playable characters" will be featured in the game.
    • The titular "Dark Spark" is an ancient relic as powerful as the Matrix of Leadership. The story is described as an arc between Cybertron and Earth, "jumping worlds as it weaves the tale of the hunt for the ancient relic".
    • Gameplay is "nimble, fast-paced running-and-gunning combat paired with traversal and vehicle action across open battlefields for large-scale, dynamic conflicts."
    • Escalation mode with its wave-based, survival-style gameplay with four player co-op returns and there will be recognizable adversaries to fight here.
    • Single-player and multiplayer will feature one unified, persistent character development path, with experience earned in any part of the game unlocking new options including new characters, weapons and abilities.
    • The game is coming out on current generation and last generation consoles - Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 and Playstation 3, as well as the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. A Windows PC version is also planned.
    Noting that a PC version coming should be good news to some.