Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

The new trailer also seems to show humans are building Transformers. This was speculated about wasn't it? Bumblebee seems to be looking at a showroom model of one (well two, one in each mode). Perhaps these become the foot soldiers for the Decepticons via remote control/rewiring etc. these sparkless abominations.
    I'm guessing they're the drone type characters we see in the Kreon Galvatron Factory Battle & Grimlock Street Attack sets

That man-made bot in the showroom is Deception Stinger, I'm guessing he was the only prototype made and finished and at some point turns evil and obeys Galvatron or Lockdown. I'm guessing Galvatron was built by the humans, I think they took Megatrons corpse and fixed him up , but Megatrons brain was still intact but somehow the humans restarted it or something which created Galvatron, and he took over the factory and started making those fugly Vehicon drones and he took Stinger under his wing.

Oh and by the looks of it the humans are hunting Transformers because they think theirs are better and therefore by the trailer Ratchet dies, Optimus and Bee get new looks to disguise themselves too. There you have it, Ratchet survived 3 movies protecting humans only to get slaughtered by them in the end. I would have much preferred Lockdown to be the one to end Ratchets life, as a little Animated reference there. I'm also guess Dino and Sideswipe were killed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The new trailer also seems to show humans are building Transformers. This was speculated about wasn't it? Bumblebee seems to be looking at a showroom model of one (well two, one in each mode). Perhaps these become the foot soldiers for the Decepticons via remote control/rewiring etc. these sparkless abominations.
    "Vehicons. The wave of the future..."

I was thinking if they are going to have a factory with human-made transformers, maybe they could also reference a toy factory in the movie producing some merchandise for the kids and even show a toy shop full of vehicon toys shelf warming instead of bumblebees

One thing I'd really love to see happen, is Bay getting Lance Henrikson to do the role of Lockdown, because he did a great job in Animated as Lockdown... sounding deliciously evil.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One thing I'd really love to see happen, is Bay getting Lance Henrikson to do the role of Lockdown, because he did a great job in Animated as Lockdown... sounding deliciously evil.
    +1

Its part of the reason why Lockdown is so awesome... The other part being a bounty hunter muscle car

Thinking about the impact of the movies characters on the comics and what may or may not be coincidences...

spoilers for all IDW published comics to date...

Lockdown... reappeared in MTMTE just prior to Dark Cybertron
    Hound.... elevated prominently in Dark Cybertron from background character to command of the Lost Light
    Slug... don't call me Slag anymore as of Dark Cybertron
    Galvatron... came back in Dark Cybertron, may take over command of the Decepticons
    Drift... exiled from the Lost Light, with the movie coming I'm expecting him to reappear soon
    Grimlock... last seen with the Scavengers, like Drift with the movie coming I would expect him to reappear.
    Optimus Prime... no longer a Pax and heading back to Earth
    Bumblebee... taken off the playing board in somewhat odd timing.

Ultimately, Hasbro will pull strings on any of their licenses, if it suits their "unified Global marketing" of the Brand. After all, the old comics had to keep introducing the new toys of that year... and it looks like IDW are being forced to do the same with theirs, with a number of characters sporting toy forms before the toy came out.
    Bumblebee is indeed odd timing, but in 3-4 issues he could be brought back, and it would still be Movie "season".

Something unrelated...
    When was it officially announced that Lockdown's ship had a name (Nightship)?
    Did it come from a toy packaging, like the Kreo set... or was it in a press release I skipped over?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Something unrelated...
    When was it officially announced that Lockdown's ship had a name (Nightship)?
    Did it come from a toy packaging, like the Kreo set... or was it in a press release I skipped over?
    MTV UK & TF Facebook, from the looks of it

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...nightship.html